Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manasses 7 - Toney's Pizza

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Manasses 7 - Toney's Pizza

8 1/2 years later we are still fighting similar battles = LEAs who will not control their agents and LEOs who will take advantage to advance a personal agenda.

http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/va...?RECID=1230082

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-263296.html

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.h...&f=24&t=259058
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHY14OVk7r0

Make it clear to them that you are not happy with them and remind them that they are dealing with an armed citizenry.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-18-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    8 1/2 years later we are still fighting similar battles = LEAs who will not control their agents and LEOs who will take advantage to advance a personal agenda.

And what are the similar battles you are fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    And what are the similar battles you are fighting?
    Show me your identification, brandishing, governor McAwful, and a laundry list of others.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Show me your identification, brandishing, governor McAwful, and a laundry list of others.
    Your state is blue. My state is suppose to be red. And I hope it stays red. Is there a chance your state turns red?

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP 8 1/2 years later ...
    Ahhhhhh. Yes, those were the days.

Guys who were new to OCDO had to toughen-up fast and hone their arguments. Boy! I'm telling you: there was a time around here that you didn't dare advance an argument with the least logical fallacy or somebody would send you cratering in flames. And, you could count yourself a bit lucky if only one person called out your logical fallacy.

That was a lively time. My what a challenge! To quote a post and reply in terms that spoke to the rough-hewn without also committing any one of a couple dozen logical fallacies. And, no holds barred. Flame suit required!

Man, oh, man. You were talking to the salt-of-the-earth and receiving his salty terms in reply. Oh, I didn't care whether he drank too much, womanized too much, rode the wrong motorcycle or drove the wrong truck. All I cared about was whether he believed in open carry. His crude arguments and abrasive style didn't much matter. Those were the salt-of-the-earth guys we were trying to reach.

Yes, those were the days. (sniff)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Your state is blue. My state is suppose to be red. And I hope it stays red. Is there a chance your state turns red?
    Sincerely hope so. It will be a battle royal.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Guys who were new to OCDO had to toughen-up fast and hone their arguments. Boy! I'm telling you: there was a time around here that you didn't dare advance an argument with the least logical fallacy or somebody would send you cratering in flames. And, you could count yourself a bit lucky if only one person called out your logical fallacy.

That was a lively time. My what a challenge! To quote a post and reply in terms that spoke to the rough-hewn without also committing any one of a couple dozen logical fallacies. And, no holds barred. Flame suit required!

Man, oh, man. You were talking to the salt-of-the-earth and receiving his salty terms in reply. Oh, I didn't care whether he drank too much, womanized too much, rode the wrong motorcycle or drove the wrong truck. All I cared about was whether he believed in open carry. His crude arguments and abrasive style didn't much matter. Those were the salt-of-the-earth guys we were trying to reach.

Yes, those were the days. (sniff)
    Appreciate your comments and insight.

Hopefully, we have all benefited along the way and that our battle scars are few.

This incident is what brought VCDL and OCDO to my attention.

I don't know about that guy who posted the story on ar15.com. Not sure I can trust him.

Yes Tony's 7, Danbus and a few other activist fights and wins really put the wind in our sails. Lately The activist movement seems to have taken a nap. Been replaced with stupid political shows. Hopefully the coming state agency preemption fight will give us a real cause again and the open carry activist movement will wake up.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    --snipped-- Hopefully the coming state agency preemption fight will give us a real cause again and the open carry activist movement will wake up.
    McAwful got attention.......but so does wet excrement in a church. .. ... OK, I'm going to sit in the corner now.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-20-2016 at 07:54 AM. Reason: fixed

McAwful got attention.......but so does wet excrement in a church. .. ... OK, I'm going to sit in the corner now.
    depends...

nuff said!!

ipse
    Don't wear your freedom like a yoke and chains...

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Wet excrement in a church is less offensive...

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Recent polling puts the Commonwealth of Virginia within the margin of error in the presidential election. Back at the first of the month the dems were about 10 or so percentage points ahead.

Works for me.

Nemo

Founder's Club Member
    Appreciate your comments and insight.

Hopefully, we have all benefited along the way and that our battle scars are few.
    Growing up, the family had a cat.

He was a loveable cat. Dumb as a post--almost the Forrest Gump of cats--but, unlike most cats, he returned affection beyond the amount given.

Got him when he was a large kitten, almost full grown.

As the new kid on the block, he lost a lot of fights with the other tom-cats.

His cheeks had so many scars...they became essentially armor plated.

Factoring in the armor-plate remark, guess how his story turned out.

Battle scars do more than signify injury.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-21-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Hmm, cats. I am a cat person, probably happier with a cat than with most humans. I grew up with three families of cats in a huge house (a piano and a three register electronic organ in the great living room).

We had a door to door salesman push his way into the atrium, and the Manx female with a litter at the time, Mai-ling launched herself from behind my mother to shred his tie. He left.

My favorite was Burma, small Burmese female that slept as my collar ( I was probably a HS freshman at the time).

Our alpha male was a horrible Siamese.

My mother eventually registered the Frenchy boutique breed, a Queen went for $600.

For personality, a rescue runt had the most. We got Rumpy a Manx mix as the only survivor of a failed old Queen. Rumpy lived from day one in my brother's arm-sling, hand fed, extremely socialized, and an alpha puppy-mommy though sterile. Neighborhood dogs did not cut across our yard. Cars did not pass on our street without being challenged and her reflection in the bumper being boxed. A car got her and my brother had to send her off.

I'm drinking Laphroaig and diluting it with memories and tears. Thanks for the memories. Memories of two dozen kittens thundering through the house, and then squeaking as they gnawed lamp cords. We had cats that would sleep on top of an open door. Enough. Skoal!
    Aristotle describes the modes of persuasion in his Rhetoric as Ethos, Logos, Kairos and Pathos. Don’t be pathetic or, worse, bathetic! Alexander Pope 1727 Many Painters who could never hit a Nose or an Eye, have with Felicity copied a Small-Pox, or been admirable at a Toad or a Red-Herring. And seldom are we without Genius's for Still Life, which they can work up and stiffen with incredible Accuracy. Peri Bathous vi

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Growing up, the family had a cat.

He was a loveable cat. Dumb as a post--almost the Forrest Gump of cats--but, unlike most cats, he returned affection beyond the amount given.

Got him when he was a large kitten, almost full grown.

As the new kid on the block, he lost a lot of fights with the other tom-cats.

His cheeks had so many scars...they became essentially armor plated.

Factoring in the armor-plate remark, guess how his story turned out.

Battle scars do more than signify injury.
    Good point.

Might say they are the campaign ribbons of where we have been and what we have done.

Battle born signifies the success of having survived.

History!

I remember, The Madison Five.
    Early 2011.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I remember, The Madison Five.
    Early 2011.
    Culver's restaurant in Madison, N.C.

"This illustrates the patience you have to possess in order to see the change made in how police officers act. You can’t expect it to happen overnight. The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind exceedingly fine.

We are winning."
    https://www.ncgunblog.com/2011/12/22/the-madison-5-win/

We are preceded by and learn from those who stood up to be counted.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-22-2016 at 04:42 AM. Reason: added link

Thank you for the trip down memory lane, Citizen. You and I (as well as Grape and others) are part of the original "First 1000" club on the old OCDO site. Those WERE the days, when free wheeling speech was respected on OCDO, you could call a bad cop a bad cop, an OCDO member short of brain cells stupid, and find a place to join in OC camaraderie for dinner. Then, things changed. A whiny cop from POLICEONE (a site restricted to LEO's ONLY, which is closed to viewing by the general public so they can lambaste and talk smack all day long about whoever they want - including OCDO) came on OCDO, a place that was open and allowed free speech, to complain about how rude (and anti-cop) we were to be disparaging his anti-OC views. Instead of supporting its membership, this site bowed down to the cops and instituted restrictions on free speech and tightened up discussions to the point that moderators were deleting ANYTHING that could not be tied DIRECTLY to open carry. Moderation became heavy handed and pushed a lot of good people away. This was all in the spirit of appearing to be happy hand holding friends with the very LEO's who would refuse our OC rights if given a chance to remove them.

That, as older members like Citizen and myself know... was the beginning of the end of the tight knit community that had started, mainly in response to the Manassas incident known as Toney's-7. New rules were implemented that limited our ability to speak our minds. The old timers quit coming to OCDO, OC dinners occurred less frequently, the annual picnic in NoVA fell by the wayside, basically the spirited activists who were the glue of OCDO lost interest. This place is a joke now. It has gone from MOLAN LABE!! to MEHWHATEVER.

I'd imagine THIS post, due to speaking the truth and having some negativity about OCDO, and cops (and not directly about OC'ing) will be edited or removed shortly. My point has been proven if that occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Thank you for the trip down memory lane, Citizen. You and I (as well as Grape and others) are part of the original "First 1000" club on the old OCDO site. Those WERE the days, when free wheeling speech was respected on OCDO, you could call a bad cop a bad cop, an OCDO member short of brain cells stupid, [ ... ]
    Nope. Search for teergruben by a user with user number in the 6XX range.

Our language has been hijacked by the pilots flying American Flight 93, and the Alt-Right is rushing the cockpit led by TRUMP. Election 2016 is America's Flight 93 and we have one chance to stop the progressive hijackers. MEME MAGICK
    Aristotle describes the modes of persuasion in his Rhetoric as Ethos, Logos, Kairos and Pathos. Don’t be pathetic or, worse, bathetic! Alexander Pope 1727 Many Painters who could never hit a Nose or an Eye, have with Felicity copied a Small-Pox, or been admirable at a Toad or a Red-Herring. And seldom are we without Genius's for Still Life, which they can work up and stiffen with incredible Accuracy. Peri Bathous vi

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thank you for the trip down memory lane, Citizen. You and I (as well as Grape and others) are part of the original "First 1000" club on the old OCDO site. Those WERE the days, when free wheeling speech was respected on OCDO, you could call a bad cop a bad cop, an OCDO member short of brain cells stupid, and find a place to join in OC camaraderie for dinner. Then, things changed. A whiny cop from POLICEONE (a site restricted to LEO's ONLY, which is closed to viewing by the general public so they can lambaste and talk smack all day long about whoever they want - including OCDO) came on OCDO, a place that was open and allowed free speech, to complain about how rude (and anti-cop) we were to be disparaging his anti-OC views. Instead of supporting its membership, this site bowed down to the cops and instituted restrictions on free speech and tightened up discussions to the point that moderators were deleting ANYTHING that could not be tied DIRECTLY to open carry. Moderation became heavy handed and pushed a lot of good people away. This was all in the spirit of appearing to be happy hand holding friends with the very LEO's who would refuse our OC rights if given a chance to remove them.

That, as older members like Citizen and myself know... was the beginning of the end of the tight knit community that had started, mainly in response to the Manassas incident known as Toney's-7. New rules were implemented that limited our ability to speak our minds. The old timers quit coming to OCDO, OC dinners occurred less frequently, the annual picnic in NoVA fell by the wayside, basically the spirited activists who were the glue of OCDO lost interest. This place is a joke now. It has gone from MOLAN LABE!! to MEHWHATEVER.

I'd imagine THIS post, due to speaking the truth and having some negativity about OCDO, and cops (and not directly about OC'ing) will be edited or removed shortly. My point has been proven if that occurs.
    And if nothing occurs then your point is.....(standby).....pointless.

Spirited activity is an everyday thing in the greater Richmond area as it could and should all over the Commonwealth.

And if nothing occurs then your point is.....(standby).....pointless.
    I've already made my point with my words. Deleting or modifying the post only re-enforces the point being made. There is nothing "pointless" when years of history back me up. Look around, where are all the old timers? What do YOU think drove them away? Did they get busy with life and kids, or... was it something else?

I've already made my point with my words. Deleting or modifying the post only re-enforces the point being made. There is nothing "pointless" when years of history back me up. Look around, where are all the old timers? What do YOU think drove them away? Did they get busy with life and kids, or... was it something else?
    Indeed, you seem filled with negativity.

We, the ol' timers are still here and introducing a raft of newbies. Our numbers are growing, not diminishing.

We have Sat. morning breakfasts, monthly dinners, lobby at the GA. We train, we teach and we learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast