• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manasses 7 - Toney's Pizza

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP 8 1/2 years later ...

Ahhhhhh. Yes, those were the days.

Guys who were new to OCDO had to toughen-up fast and hone their arguments. Boy! I'm telling you: there was a time around here that you didn't dare advance an argument with the least logical fallacy or somebody would send you cratering in flames. And, you could count yourself a bit lucky if only one person called out your logical fallacy.

That was a lively time. My what a challenge! To quote a post and reply in terms that spoke to the rough-hewn without also committing any one of a couple dozen logical fallacies. And, no holds barred. Flame suit required!

Man, oh, man. You were talking to the salt-of-the-earth and receiving his salty terms in reply. Oh, I didn't care whether he drank too much, womanized too much, rode the wrong motorcycle or drove the wrong truck. All I cared about was whether he believed in open carry. His crude arguments and abrasive style didn't much matter. Those were the salt-of-the-earth guys we were trying to reach.

Yes, those were the days. (sniff)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Guys who were new to OCDO had to toughen-up fast and hone their arguments. Boy! I'm telling you: there was a time around here that you didn't dare advance an argument with the least logical fallacy or somebody would send you cratering in flames. And, you could count yourself a bit lucky if only one person called out your logical fallacy.

That was a lively time. My what a challenge! To quote a post and reply in terms that spoke to the rough-hewn without also committing any one of a couple dozen logical fallacies. And, no holds barred. Flame suit required!

Man, oh, man. You were talking to the salt-of-the-earth and receiving his salty terms in reply. Oh, I didn't care whether he drank too much, womanized too much, rode the wrong motorcycle or drove the wrong truck. All I cared about was whether he believed in open carry. His crude arguments and abrasive style didn't much matter. Those were the salt-of-the-earth guys we were trying to reach.

Yes, those were the days. (sniff)
Appreciate your comments and insight.
icon14.png

Hopefully, we have all benefited along the way and that our battle scars are few.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran

Thundar

8 1/2 years later we are still fighting similar battles = LEAs who will not control their agents and LEOs who will take advantage to advance a personal agenda.

[url]http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=1230082

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-263296.html

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=259058
[/URL]

Yes Tony's 7, Danbus and a few other activist fights and wins really put the wind in our sails. Lately The activist movement seems to have taken a nap. Been replaced with stupid political shows. Hopefully the coming state agency preemption fight will give us a real cause again and the open carry activist movement will wake up.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-- Hopefully the coming state agency preemption fight will give us a real cause again and the open carry activist movement will wake up.
McAwful got attention.......but so does wet excrement in a church. .. :eek:... OK, I'm going to sit in the corner now.

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Your state is blue. My state is suppose to be red. And I hope it stays red. Is there a chance your state turns red?

Recent polling puts the Commonwealth of Virginia within the margin of error in the presidential election. Back at the first of the month the dems were about 10 or so percentage points ahead.

Works for me.

Nemo

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Appreciate your comments and insight.
icon14.png

Hopefully, we have all benefited along the way and that our battle scars are few.

Growing up, the family had a cat.

He was a loveable cat. Dumb as a post--almost the Forrest Gump of cats--but, unlike most cats, he returned affection beyond the amount given.

Got him when he was a large kitten, almost full grown.

As the new kid on the block, he lost a lot of fights with the other tom-cats.

His cheeks had so many scars...they became essentially armor plated.

Factoring in the armor-plate remark, guess how his story turned out.

Battle scars do more than signify injury.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Growing up, the family had a cat.

He was a loveable cat. Dumb as a post--almost the Forrest Gump of cats--but, unlike most cats, he returned affection beyond the amount given.

Got him when he was a large kitten, almost full grown.

As the new kid on the block, he lost a lot of fights with the other tom-cats.

His cheeks had so many scars...they became essentially armor plated.

Factoring in the armor-plate remark, guess how his story turned out.

Battle scars do more than signify injury.
Good point.

Might say they are the campaign ribbons of where we have been and what we have done.

Battle born signifies the success of having survived.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I remember, The Madison Five.
Early 2011.
Culver's restaurant in Madison, N.C.

"This illustrates the patience you have to possess in order to see the change made in how police officers act. You can’t expect it to happen overnight. The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind exceedingly fine.

We are winning."
https://www.ncgunblog.com/2011/12/22/the-madison-5-win/

We are preceded by and learn from those who stood up to be counted.

Last edited:

IanB

Thank you for the trip down memory lane, Citizen. You and I (as well as Grape and others) are part of the original "First 1000" club on the old OCDO site. Those WERE the days, when free wheeling speech was respected on OCDO, you could call a bad cop a bad cop, an OCDO member short of brain cells stupid, and find a place to join in OC camaraderie for dinner. Then, things changed. A whiny cop from POLICEONE (a site restricted to LEO's ONLY, which is closed to viewing by the general public so they can lambaste and talk smack all day long about whoever they want - including OCDO) came on OCDO, a place that was open and allowed free speech, to complain about how rude (and anti-cop) we were to be disparaging his anti-OC views. Instead of supporting its membership, this site bowed down to the cops and instituted restrictions on free speech and tightened up discussions to the point that moderators were deleting ANYTHING that could not be tied DIRECTLY to open carry. Moderation became heavy handed and pushed a lot of good people away. This was all in the spirit of appearing to be happy hand holding friends with the very LEO's who would refuse our OC rights if given a chance to remove them.

That, as older members like Citizen and myself know... was the beginning of the end of the tight knit community that had started, mainly in response to the Manassas incident known as Toney's-7. New rules were implemented that limited our ability to speak our minds. The old timers quit coming to OCDO, OC dinners occurred less frequently, the annual picnic in NoVA fell by the wayside, basically the spirited activists who were the glue of OCDO lost interest. This place is a joke now. It has gone from MOLAN LABE!! to MEHWHATEVER.

I'd imagine THIS post, due to speaking the truth and having some negativity about OCDO, and cops (and not directly about OC'ing) will be edited or removed shortly. My point has been proven if that occurs.