Thread: 5 in custody. Chelsea bomb used Tannerite - meme magic? And cellphone.

5 in custody. Chelsea bomb used Tannerite - meme magic? And cellphone.

On Sunday, a federal law enforcement official said the Chelsea bomb contained a residue of Tannerite, an explosive often used for target practice that can be picked up in many sporting goods stores. The discovery of Tannerite may be important as authorities probe whether the two New York City devices and the pipe bomb in Seaside Park, New Jersey are connected.

Cellphones were discovered at the site of both bombings, but no Tannerite residue was identified in the New Jersey bomb remnants, in which a black powder was detected, said the official, who wasn't authorized to comment on an ongoing investigation and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

http://abc7ny.com/news/multiple-peop...osion/1517053/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

UPDATE!! Captured in shootout

When an officer approached the man, the man raised his head and that’s when the officer recognized him as Rahami, Capt. James Sarnicki with Linden police told CBS2.

“The suspect pulled out a gun and fired at the officer and striking him in the abdomen,” Sarnicki said. “The gentlemen got up and started walking down the street in a westerly direction. I’m told that he was randomly discharging his handgun and one of the officers was able to get close enough to him and return fire.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/...blast-suspect/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-19-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    On Sunday, a federal law enforcement official said the Chelsea bomb contained a residue of Tannerite, an explosive often used for target practice that can be picked up in many sporting goods stores. The discovery of Tannerite may be important as authorities probe whether the two New York City devices and the pipe bomb in Seaside Park, New Jersey are connected.

Cellphones were discovered at the site of both bombings, but no Tannerite residue was identified in the New Jersey bomb remnants, in which a black powder was detected, said the official, who wasn't authorized to comment on an ongoing investigation and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

http://abc7ny.com/news/multiple-peop...osion/1517053/

This sort of thing should be met with derision.

Hey, if I cannot identify you, I cannot honestly cite you, can I? If you cannot be identified, you cannot be held accountable for whatever you say.

This isn't a whistleblower who needs to hide his identity. This is AP trying to get a scoop.

Bwaahaahhahahahaahahaaaa!!!
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-20-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

UPDATE! Chelsea bomb thieves Egyptian in-flight security agents

Chelsea bomb thieves Egyptian in-flight security agents

Citation please.

Nemo

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Chelsea bomb thieves Egyptian in-flight security agents
    Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    Citation please.

Nemo
    "It turns out they are instead security officers for the Cairo-based airline. An official with the airline told the times that Ali and Radwan saw the suitcase and "thought it was nice," so they decided to take it."
    http://myinforms.com/en-gb/a/42135541-men-who-removed-bomb-from-suitcase-in-chelsea-are-security-officers-for-egyptair/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    thread closed/locked by request.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.