Thread: Kitsap County Brews and Issues

Kitsap County Brews and Issues

(FUQ) From the local paper.

This fall, the Kitsap Sun will be hosting several community conversations at breweries across the county. Voters will be casting ballots on several high-interest measures, and this presents an opportunity to learn more about each.

Each conversation will last about an hour. An argument for the measure will be presented for the first 20 minutes, and an argument against the measure will take up the next 20 minutes. Attendees will then be given the opportunity to ask questions and discuss their thoughts.

http://pugetsoundblogs.com/brews-and-issues/

Two separate issues not related to RKBA may be of interest. Check the link for more information.

~Whitney

Brewery: Der Blokken Brewing at 7 p.m. October 4th MAP

Issue: Initiative Measure No. 1491 concerns court-issued extreme risk protection orders temporarily preventing access to firearms
    What is it? This measure would allow police, family, or household members to obtain court orders temporarily preventing firearms access by persons exhibiting mental illness, violent or other behavior indicating they may harm themselves or others.
    Arguing for the measure: Joanna Paul: Communications Director, Alliance for Gun Responsibility, YES on I-1491 Campaign
    Arguing against the measure: David Combs, KNOW I-1491
    Last edited by Whitney; 09-19-2016 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Content
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Only the first two have anything to do with OC or RKBA.

The others are off topic.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-19-2016 at 10:01 AM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    Arguing for the measure: Joanna Paul: Communications Director, Alliance for Gun Responsibility, YES on I-1491 Campaign
    Arguing against the measure: David Combs, KNOW I-1491
    Notice the extreme virtue signaled for the anti-gun community, but not for the mere citizen.
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Only the first two have anything to do with OC or RKBA.

The others are off topic.

Original post edited for content. Thanks for keeping me honest, sometimes we tend to let our passions get the best of us.
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?