• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Abbotsford Holiday station robbed by three, shot out door to leave

Wstar425

I walked over to Abby Bank this morning with my dog. Didn't know anything about this until I asked at the bank, but I noticed the Ch9 WAOW reporter taping me as I went across the front of the station along the police tape. He was across the street on my strong side, open carry.

I made the news for about two seconds, once I got down by the stop light. They used about the only footage they would have had where you could NOT see I was armed. I have nothing to do with this story other than I happened to walk by this morning. If you look real closely you can see some mag holders on my left, treat bag and doggie bag swinging off my right below firearm, but you would never see it unless you froze and zoomed.

I don't know how to link off my phone but Abbotsford holiday robbery WAOW should get you there. About the 1:30- 1:33 mark, yes they got my good side.

Police Chief says they were speaking Spanish, suspect they are Hispanic. Top notch detective work there!

solus

I walked over to Abby Bank this morning with my dog. Didn't know anything about this until I asked at the bank, but I noticed the Ch9 WAOW reporter taping me as I went across the front of the station along the police tape. He was across the street on my strong side, open carry.

I made the news for about two seconds, once I got down by the stop light. They used about the only footage they would have had where you could NOT see I was armed. I have nothing to do with this story other than I happened to walk by this morning. If you look real closely you can see some mag holders on my left, treat bag and doggie bag swinging off my right below firearm, but you would never see it unless you froze and zoomed.

I don't know how to link off my phone but Abbotsford holiday robbery WAOW should get you there. About the 1:30- 1:33 mark, yes they got my good side.

Police Chief says they were speaking Spanish, suspect they are Hispanic. Top notch detective work there!

i have faith the three will be tied to the mexicali IS terrorist group some how~even if the feds have to spend a 1M pesos to break the fone

Last edited:

Wstar425

It seems they only released a couple of still shots to the public. I suspect they have more and using it. Rumor around town is they have the license plate number, but I don't know if that is true.
I'm new enough here that people don't know me yet. So, but suspect my open carrying will be viewed with a little more suspicion now. Who knows? So far, 25-30 neutral or positive comments and one negative, in this town. Farming community. Hunting is big, handguns maybe not so much.