Thread: Investigating the rise in Wisconsin gun sales.

Investigating the rise in Wisconsin gun sales.

“Oh absolutely. I know how to carry and handle a weapon,” said Weitz.

But knowing how to handle a gun in Wisconsin is not required to purchase a weapon. So when the sales numbers spike, that has gun-seller Otto concerned.

“You really shouldn't be owning a firearm, using it for protection or anything, if you don't know how to operate it,” said [Brandon] Otto.

http://fox11online.com/news/fox-11-i...nsin-gun-sales

Brandon Otto signaling his virtue to his claque.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-20-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Banned
    I noted this guy doing testing on 9mm .. to see if it has the needed power....the 9mm failed his test

http://imgur.com/gallery/uFwNCuJ

No need to have proficiency or any training to buy .. that's lizzurd talk

sorry are these 'gun dealers' need to examine why they are in business..

besides the article's commentary by 'otto' you referenced

quote: FOX 11 Investigates was told off-camera by a representative of Badger Gun Sales that he won't sell a handgun to a woman without her first getting trained. He recommends to his female clients they check out Well Armed Woman, a gun training group solely for women. unquote

but i am extremely glad WI's Well Armed Woman rep, quote Kris Schmidt is co-leader of the group.... Schmidt acknowledges that the increase in terrorist attacks and world violence has led to people not feeling as safe. unquote believes WI's women, after their training, are quite prepared to protect WI from the perils of IS and other world violence. course that is prob why the bombings occurred in NYC, etc., cuz those terrorists are afraid of WI women.

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    sorry are these 'gun dealers' need to examine why they are in business..

besides the article's commentary by 'otto' you referenced

quote: FOX 11 Investigates was told off-camera by a representative of Badger Gun Sales that he won't sell a handgun to a woman without her first getting trained. He recommends to his female clients they check out Well Armed Woman, a gun training group solely for women. unquote

but i am extremely glad WI's Well Armed Woman rep, quote Kris Schmidt is co-leader of the group.... Schmidt acknowledges that the increase in terrorist attacks and world violence has led to people not feeling as safe. unquote believes WI's women, after their training, are quite prepared to protect WI from the perils of IS and other world violence. course that is prob why the bombings occurred in NYC, etc., cuz those terrorists are afraid of WI women.

ipse
    I recommend that all buy their guns from dealers who do not put unlawful preconditions upon an American. They are out there.

"told off-camera by a representative of Badger Gun Sales that he won't sell a handgun to a woman without her first getting trained."... But clueless men are good to go ? Nice job representing the Neanderthal nation.

Th other thing that does not make sense is that: Back on Dec. 14, 2012, the Newtown, Connecticut shooting took place. Twenty-six individuals were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School. That month the DOJ checks for those buying handguns rose 53 percent from the month before

I get the impression that Fox 11 is equating law abiding gun owners with killers. Where is the logic in this? It is like saying, car sales rose by 53% in march and at the same time bank robberies or drunk driving or accidents increased by 80%. What a bunch of baloney. These newscasters will stop at nothing in trying to make guns look bad. How about meat cleavers steak knives axes etc.., We also hear about those items being used to commit murder.

Meme magic!
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    quote: FOX 11 Investigates was told off-camera by a representative of Badger Gun Sales that he won't sell a handgun to a woman without her first getting trained.
    This was BS.. It was a deliberate miss-quote. The owner of Badger Guns called them out on their BS so they posted a retraction on-line.

Accomplished Advocate
    FOX 11 Investigates was told off-camera by a representative of Badger Gun Sales that he won't sell a handgun to a woman without her first getting trained. He recommends to his female clients they check out Well Armed Woman, a gun training group solely for women.
    Who writes this stuff. If you are not going to sell something to a person then they are not your client.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    This was BS.. It was a deliberate miss-quote. The owner of Badger Guns called them out on their BS so they posted a retraction on-line.
    and of course there is a cite pointing to said retraction...

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    and of course there is a cite pointing to said retraction...

ipse
    Um, yeah - there is. It's the link in the OP. Follow it, and you'll be greeted with... look at that! A retraction! And right at the top of the page, who would've thought...

(Aaaaaaaggghhh! Did I just defend the MSM??? Oh no, somebody help me, quick!)
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    Um, yeah - there is. It's the link in the OP. Follow it, and you'll be greeted with... look at that! A retraction! And right at the top of the page, who would've thought...

(Aaaaaaaggghhh! Did I just defend the MSM??? Oh no, somebody help me, quick!)
    Linky no worky for me - total blackout.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

tks have....now let me help the computer illiterate olde phart.... geez louise...

Editor's note:
    In a followup interview with Badger Gun Sales after this story aired, owner Perry Sarto clarified he would outfit anyone, man or woman, with a gun who is legally allowed to possess a firearm. Sarto does recommend to all interested gun buyers to first be trained in handling a firearm, and that firearm education should be ongoing. Sarto's original phone conversation with FOX 11 centered around a discussion solely about women and guns, and was not intended to suggest women were treated any differently than men when it came to buying or selling guns. We apologize if such an inference was made. Sarto did indicate he refers women to the Well Armed Woman group for training, and that is where he referred
    FOX 11 for the story as well. Sarto indicated he would continue to be a resource to FOX 11 for any future gun-related story.

unquote

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-31-2016 at 03:33 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    tks have....now let me help the computer illiterate olde phart.... geez louise...

Editor's note:
    In a followup interview with Badger Gun Sales after this story aired, owner Perry Sarto clarified he would outfit anyone, man or woman, with a gun who is legally allowed to possess a firearm. Sarto does recommend to all interested gun buyers to first be trained in handling a firearm, and that firearm education should be ongoing. Sarto's original phone conversation with FOX 11 centered around a discussion solely about women and guns, and was not intended to suggest women were treated any differently than men when it came to buying or selling guns. We apologize if such an inference was made. Sarto did indicate he refers women to the Well Armed Woman group for training, and that is where he referred
    FOX 11 for the story as well. Sarto indicated he would continue to be a resource to FOX 11 for any future gun-related story.

unquote

ipse
    Faced with the facts, my computer released its blackout on the link. Thanx Louise.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.