• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No registration or insurance does not equal right to search console

countryclubjoe

It appears the defendant had a stupid passenger in his vehicle, along with having a lame/dumb ass attorney.

Addressing the no insurance issue, lack of documents should not give the government probable cause to search the vehicle or the passenger.

Should you be detained for lack of documentation, simply stay quiet, reserve all your rights and have your day in court, in which case you can then either present said documents or not present said documents..

Probably be wise not to have a controlled substance while out and about driving.

My .02

CCJ

solus

It appears the defendant had a stupid passenger in his vehicle, along with having a lame/dumb ass attorney.

Addressing the no insurance issue, lack of documents should not give the government probable cause to search the vehicle or the passenger.

Should you be detained for lack of documentation, simply stay quiet, reserve all your rights and have your day in court, in which case you can then either present said documents or not present said documents..

Probably be wise not to have a controlled substance while out and about driving.

My .02

CCJ

me thinks the term 'stuck on stupid' comes to mind...

you know...

ipse

JoeSparky

Centurion
Can't help but wonder the outcome would have been had the passenger refused to perform this search at the officer's request? Released to go on her way? or otherwise?:question:

countryclubjoe

Can't help but wonder the outcome would have been had the passenger refused to perform this search at the officer's request? Released to go on her way? or otherwise?:question:

We can only wish that justice would have prevailed an he would have only been cited for the lack of insurance documents.

countryclubjoe

True, but I was thinking to the woman.... would she have been allowed to leave or have been charged with something for her "none cooperation"?

Naturally we will never know the outcome had she not complied. Two issues exist here. (1) people should try to know there rights and then exercise said rights against unlawful commands from government personal, Knowledge is power. (2) The 'fear" factor, unless a citizen has been living in a cave the last 5 years said citizen understands that any confrontation with a leo could have a deadly outcome for said citizen.. Hence compliance..

Regards

countryclubjoe

Trooper Baron clearly is an idiot with a big ego, he was well aware that Mr.Picard had a reputation for holding police accountable, he was also well aware that Mr.Picard knew the laws and was also licensed to carry a pistol hence meaning Mr.Picard was indeed not a "criminal". But the ignorant egotistical hopefully soon to be ex-trooper could not reframe from exercising in a criminal matter his authority. Than he was able also to have his colleagues join in with his criminal actions against a "law abiding citizen". Could these people be any more stupid, they are fully aware that Mr.Picard loves to engage in this type of activity however instead of doing the correct legal thing and just appeasing Mr.Picard and his legal activity and going home, they decide to harass yes, " a law abiding citizen".. Egotistical ignorant people with some authority are our biggest threat to liberty..

We need to see more of these title 42 section 1983 cases being litigated and hopefully won.. May be after the state loses enough tax payer money, tax payers will demand better training and higher intelligence level for its agents..

My .02

countryclubjoe

So, we should be concerned, if we jay walk or drop some litter on the sidewalk, do we give RAS?PC to a LEO for a search of our person and property?

We cannot continue to surrender the smallest amount of liberty, lest we have none!

Regards

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why don't you two take your endless back and forth dialogue to PM's, so that the members here that are not interested in the personal hostility that you two share can continue to discuss OC, while you **** on each other.
Thank you, Mr. gutshot.

I was about to say the same thing.

Personal feuds have no place in the public viewable domain on OCDO. Discuss the facts, not the personality - no insults, no slurs.

countryclubjoe

Why don't you two take your endless back and forth dialogue to PM's, so that the members here that are not interested in the personal hostility that you two share can continue to discuss OC, while you piss on each other.

Your point is well taken Sir concerning the sophomoric banter however I see no reference to OC on this particular thread. This thread is opining on the 4th and 5th amendments of which I commented thereon... Your upbraided post is well noted and I await your comment on the topic at hand.

Regards

CCJ

countryclubjoe

Sorry, Sir. I can not do that. My "ignore list" is very short, but there is another group of people that, even though I sometimes read their posts, I refuse to add my enlighten discourse to any thread that they stain by their presence. Then, there is another group that I will not directly respond to, but may add some of my wisdom to a thread that includes a post from them. Now see what you have done? You have made me break my rule. I refuse to join in this discussion, but that doesn't mean that I want to read the mess that this has become. Now, I may need to invent a new rule solely for this type of unpleasantness.

+1
I understand your distaste, and hopefully we can concur or dissent on topics related to OC in the near future..

No disrespect intended..

Regards
CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
+1
I understand your distaste, and hopefully we can concur or dissent on topics related to OC in the near future..

No disrespect intended..

Regards
CCJ
Being non-abusive/antagonistic applies in the Social Lounge too. OC as a subject is not required in the Lounge.

The suggestion that off topic conversation be done via PM is good, but remember that the forum rules apply there too. See Forum Rules #6.

utbagpiper

Banned

Sorry, Sir. I can not do that. My "ignore list" is very short, but there is another group of people that, even though I sometimes read their posts, I refuse to add my enlighten discourse to any thread that they stain by their presence. Then, there is another group that I will not directly respond to, but may add some of my wisdom to a thread that includes a post from them. Now see what you have done? You have made me break my rule. I refuse to join in this discussion, but that doesn't mean that I want to read the mess that this has become. Now, I may need to invent a new rule solely for this type of unpleasantness.

I see you think very highly of yourself. To quote one of the leading members of the forum regarding being ignored by another:

OH NO!!! Please, please no,no, no not that. I am begging you, don't do it. Now I am humiliated, crestfallen, woebegone, disappointed, dejected and dismayed. Now my words will no longer be seen by you. That, sir, is a deep and meaningful loss for me, personally. I had so hoped that you and I could become chums. That close relationship is now impossible. What can I do to make you change your mind? I'd do anything to make that happen.

To quote another member, who I do not recall at the moment:

"Don't be a jerk. If that isn't a rule, it should be."

It is entirely possible to disagree, or ignore, without being a jerk. It is entirely possible to be wary of trolls without running of every new guy who asks a question that might be similar to what trolls are wont to ask.

If a few good ol' boys want a private chat list where nobody every disagrees with them I certainly wouldn't complain. But if we are going to have an open list with nationwide membership and encourage newcomers to join us, a few folks need to climb off their high horses and either be a bit more civil, or at least a lot less vocal.

Charles

JoeSparky

Centurion
Certain people, not just those here, use the forums instead of PMs as it increases their "post counts".
Is there a prize for post counts? I haven't posted with a goal of increasing my post count? One recently banned poster has a high post count-- was the banning his reward or ours?

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this