Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pistol registration

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastpointe Michigan
    Posts
    415

    Pistol registration

    I remember awhile back there was a stalled bill to repeal the pistol registration, what ever happened to it?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,968
    Zounds like it stalled. Folks actually register their guns?

    Contact your legislature and tell them to repeal such a reprehensible regulation.

    In the midterm, contact your DA/SA and get them to agree not to enforce any such regulations.

  3. #3
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    I remember awhile back there was a stalled bill to repeal the pistol registration, what ever happened to it?
    SAC, just how far is 'awhile back' before nov 2014 ?

    ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastpointe Michigan
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    SAC, just how far is 'awhile back' before nov 2014 ?

    ipse

    No, I think it was about a year ago if I'm not mistaken.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,822
    It should be repealed, but it'd a tricky thing to do just right, because registration through a police department satisfies the demands of the federal GFSZA for licensing, in regards to an on foot OCer walking near but not on school property. Get rid of that, and it becomes a federal crime to OC a pistol in Michigan within 1,000 feet of a school without a Michigan CPL, and that's not a good idea either.
    The most important lesson I have learned from my time in the freedom movement and further studying it is that trying to create an organization without preventing the issues caused by narcissistic sociopaths and democracy is a lot like heading to sea in a sieve. It'll never work.

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    It should be repealed, but it'd a tricky thing to do just right, because registration through a police department satisfies the demands of the federal GFSZA for licensing, in regards to an on foot OCer walking near but not on school property. Get rid of that, and it becomes a federal crime to OC a pistol in Michigan within 1,000 feet of a school without a Michigan CPL, and that's not a good idea either.
    Keep the RI-10 process and just remove the requirement to ever return a completed copy. That should solve the issue.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,822
    Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    Keep the RI-10 process and just remove the requirement to ever return a completed copy. That should solve the issue.
    A very good point.
    The most important lesson I have learned from my time in the freedom movement and further studying it is that trying to create an organization without preventing the issues caused by narcissistic sociopaths and democracy is a lot like heading to sea in a sieve. It'll never work.

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •