Thread: And now Charlotte, the Queen City.

And now Charlotte, the Queen City.

White guy open carrying, brandishing, finger on the trigger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Charlotte.html

Riots spark gun buying spree.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ch...rticle/2602559
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

nice to see the the daily mail doesn't have a clue about NC statutes...

quote from NC AG's firearm guide:
    Pursuant to North Carolina's Emergency Management Act (Chapter 166A of the General Statutes) (added: 166A-19.31) local governments may impose restrictions on dangerous weapons such as explosives, incendiary devices, and radioactive materials and devices when a state of emergency is declared, but may not impose restrictions on lawfully possessed firearms. unquote

as for the holding it out the window while driving...open carry is allowed...was that the wises mode to carry...maybe not.

but the shock and awe worked...

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    White guy open carrying, brandishing, finger on the trigger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Charlotte.html

Riots spark gun buying spree.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ch...rticle/2602559
    Says you cannot carry a gun at a protest. So all those LEOs and Nat. Guard are violating this? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Says you cannot carry a gun at a protest. So all those LEOs and Nat. Guard are violating this? LOL
    and where does it say that?

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    and where does it say that?

ipse

It is illegal to openly carry a gun at a protest or civil disorder in the state

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4L2mVNfDU
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

It is illegal to openly carry a gun at a protest or civil disorder in the state

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4L2mVNfDU
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    solus' previous post
    nice to see the the daily mail doesn't have a clue about NC statutes...

quote from NC AG's firearm guide:
    Pursuant to North Carolina's Emergency Management Act (Chapter 166A of the General Statutes) (added: 166A-19.31) local governments may impose restrictions on dangerous weapons such as explosives, incendiary devices, and radioactive materials and devices when a state of emergency is declared, but may not impose restrictions on lawfully possessed firearms. unquote

as for the holding it out the window while driving...open carry is allowed...was that the wises (sic) mode to carry...maybe not.

ipse

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    --snipped--

as for the holding it out the window while driving...open carry is allowed...was that the wises (sic) mode to carry...maybe not.
    Brandishing or threatening, but definitely not open carry. Gun is not properly holstered.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Brandishing or threatening, but definitely not open carry. Gun is not properly holstered.
    you are correct...forgive, i forgot to put annotation of tongue in cheek after my comment...

ipse

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    you are correct...forgive, i forgot to put annotation of tongue in cheek after my comment...

ipse
    I know that you know the difference.

My reply was for those who might not.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It is very important to distance ourselves from the man who was seen BRANDISHING, whether the brandishing is seemingly warranted or not.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

o/a 1630L, charlotte pd hq evacuated due to 'suspicious package' found inside the headquarters...

interesting one week since the killing...

ipse

Inside the bag was found to be General Tso preparing a full frontal attack on the precinct. Once discovered, the good men in blue quickly ate (his) lunch.

Been awhile since I've posted

It looks like I am kind of late to add any real value to an active thread, but since the thread is still open for posting, here it goes.

I would have to say that the guy driving with the pistol out of the window was the first real example of Going to the Terror of the Public. He was clearly trying to intimidate and possible, unforeseen threat, as this was a peaceful protest. Doing so, in the manner that he did, he was looking for a reaction that could be argued, to incite a riot or incite terror.

Every reasonable person would confirm that Open Carry does NOT include holding a pistol in your hand, whether in a car or walking down the street. The only time your firearm should be in your hand, out of it's holster, is when it is necessary to use it.