Thread: Second Amendment win: Armed woman repels 3 during home invasion, kills one

Second Amendment win: Armed woman repels 3 during home invasion, kills one

Surveillance video from a Gwinnett County home just outside Atlanta shows a woman charging forward at three men who just broken into the house at about 4 a.m., authorities said. The local restaurant manager unloaded all her rounds in self-defense, resulting in the death of one suspect in the driveway.
    [ ... ]
    “She exercised her right to defend her livelihood and property,” Cpl. Deon Washington with the Gwinnett County Police Department told a local ABC affiliate Friday. “They’re not wearing anything on their faces so we’re highly anticipating someone watching the evening newscast will recognize these people.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ls-3-during-h/

VIDEO http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/gwin...sion/448984282

Git'er done. Takin' care of business. Dindu down, two dudes on the run!
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-23-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    --snipped--
    “She exercised her right to defend her livelihood and property,” Cpl. Deon Washington with the Gwinnett County Police Department told a local ABC affiliate Friday.
    Use of deadly force to defend these in Georgia.....really?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

One can see that she ran her gun dry the slide is locked back. Kind of looks like a
    Ruger SR series but I can not say for sure.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 09-23-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

A rather detailed discussion of the fine points of this shooting. From both sides of the good v bad shoot question. (yes thats me there and here )

And a link to a fairly longer video of the entire situation is bottom link.

Nemo

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/...d.php?t=270844

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4wjq6cn0To

Bwahaha! You bunch of anile Gallus-snappers. She got the job done! More than can be said of iinstructors. Them what can, do. Them what can't, teach.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-23-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Full five minute VIDEO of Dindu nuffins gettin their a** kicked. Tough lady! BZ

Yeah, thats the one I linked above.

Nemo

I like how the guy just casualy strolls out after all is set and done like huh? whats going on? Why you have that gun? gimme that.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Faaeng; 09-24-2016 at 04:20 AM.

Guy who came out did not have a gun and was not capable of anything but hiding. He did not really go with a "gimmee that" but more of a "let me hold that until the police get here" situation.

2 thoughts. Discuss after you watch the full 5 minutes of the video. The following are the closing argument theories of prosecutor and defense counsel at her murder trial.

1. The lady committed murder. She was safe in her bedroom. The way the boxes were stacked she likely would not have been discovered. She should have stayed there and called the police. Let them handle it. Thats what they are there for. She did not need to kill that young man. Her property was not worth his life. I will not comment on the hypothetical if she has been found situation. It did not happen and may not have happened. She was safe in her bedroom and came out with the intent of killing those kids. She killed one. She is guilty of murder.

V

2. She did what any reasonable person would do. She knew her housemate was in another room, had nothing to protect himself with and was very likely to be discovered. Besides it was her property, her house, her castle and she has every right to protect herself and her property as well as her housemate. She can defend herself and others in it, as its her castle and property.

If you believe #1 to be more legally valid, support it and shoot down 2. And vice versa.

Nemo

Banned
    And VA_Nemo as a jurist at the trial...

" I see....not guilty"
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-25-2016 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And VA_Nemo as a jurist at the trial...

" I see....not guilty"
    OK, I can understand that verdict. Now defend it. State a basis to it being valid other than some type of nullification. Support it under the law.

There is a pretty good argument I noted above that says you should convict. Defend your position.

Nemo

Georgia Castle Doctrine, but if a prosecutor was so foul as to bring charges to trial then nullification works too.

Georgia Castle Doctrine
    Irrelevant. They were in the house 2 minutes before she came out shooting. She intended to kill those boys. She could and should have stayed in her room and waited on the police.

Castle doctrine not applicable because she was not in danger. The castle may have been breached but not the keep she was in. That was still solid and she was in no danger.

Don't just cite a policy. Some note as to relevance and supporting facts (see video) is needed. Remember, you are arguing to a jury, not a judge. Convince the jury. If you can?

Nemo