• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burlington mall shooting

rapgood

[h=3](RNN) - Four females have been killed, and one male is in critical condition after a shooting at a mall on Friday night in Burlington, WA, police said. The shooter has not been caught.[/h]http://www.nbc12.com/story/33180768...ton-state-mall-shooting-rifleman-on-the-loose

I was there at Cascade Mall for four hours tonight while the Sheriff's Dpty I was riding-along with was supervising one of the key investigative teams. We were chatting as I had just finished my Whopper with cheese (hold the mayo, add mustard, please) when the "active shooter" call came in over his radio. We then averaged 140 mph to Burlington (People! When you see red and blue lights behind you, hear sirens wailing, and see headlights flashing, DON'T just signal and mosey over a lane after head-checking twice! Get out of the f*cking way, and that RIGHT NOW!)

His comment to me after all was said and done was, "I had to step over three of the bodies. I think I'm going to start carrying when I'm off-duty." I told him that Cascade Mall incidents are one of the primary reasons why I always do carry. If a carrier had been there, chances are that there would be only one, or possibly NONE, dead.

'Nuff said.

Last edited:

boundlessdyad

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/authorities-looking-for-gunman-in-burlington/

"Long gun, similar to a hunting rifle." "Heard balloons popping."

Hispanic male not apprehended.
Did the shooter speak Spanish? Why is he labeled as Hispanic?
b78f5b4a63d43f82b61ac2c3add870d3.jpg

I certainly don't look at the attached image and automatically assume Hispanic.

boundlessdyad

It is clearly profiling, profiling is anathema to cuckservatives. We are all diverse individuals and must be able to identify otherness.
So accurately describing someone's appearance is profiling? But lying about it and referring to him as Hispanic is acceptable to you? Yeah that makes sense. [emoji19]

Based on your comment I suppose you'd rather innocent Hispanics be unnecessarily detained so as not to offend the "otherness" of the "religion of peace" adherents? Accurate descriptions are offensive, really? I will keep that absurdity in mind going forward. The refusal to provide an accurate description for purposes of obvious political correctness is the tool of the mindless millennial generation SJW's. These folks are perpetually offended by everything.

Don't kid yourself into believing that your views are the only ones that matter.

Unless of course I misunderstood you. [emoji6]

Last edited:

rapgood

IIRC from an interview of Sgt. Mark Francis, the WA State Patrol information officer, that didn't air (it was recorded right next to me, so I heard every word), the shooter was described as "Hispanic" by witnesses (of which there were many). I don't think it was profiling.

Also, of note, the long gun he used sure doesn't look like one of those nasty "Assault Rifles" that all the anti's are so fervently attempting to outlaw. Heck! Maybe it was a .22! I dunno! But it sure doesn't look like one of those nasty "Assault Rifles!" The scenario more describes someone with serious mental problems whom the system failed...

boundlessdyad

IIRC from an interview of Sgt. Mark Francis, the WA State Patrol information officer, that didn't air (it was recorded right next to me, so I heard every word), the shooter was described as "Hispanic" by witnesses (of which there were many). I don't think it was profiling.

Also, of note, the long gun he used sure doesn't look like one of those nasty "Assault Rifles" that all the anti's are so fervently attempting to outlaw. Heck! Maybe it was a .22! I dunno! But it sure doesn't look like one of those nasty "Assault Rifles!" The scenario more describes someone with serious mental problems whom the system failed...
Agreed, except part of the narrative makes sense if we were talking about a possible Islamic terrorist. The attack on primarily women located in the cosmetics and lingerie sections of a store. That part fits an Islamic extremist oppressor of women rather than a Hispanic shooter. But I suppose a scorned Hispanic male could hate women as well.

rapgood

Agreed, except part of the narrative makes sense if we were talking about a possible Islamic terrorist. The attack on primarily women located in the cosmetics and lingerie sections of a store. That part fits an Islamic extremist oppressor of women rather than a Hispanic shooter. But I suppose a scorned Hispanic male could hate women as well.

I never once heard the word "Islamic" the whole night. I did hear the word "terrorist," but not the word "Islamic." Please don't try to interject wholly unsubstantiated conjecture into the mix. It's disingenuous, and unnecessarily inflammatory. Terrorists are not, ipso facto, Islamic.

boundlessdyad

I never once heard the word "Islamic" the whole night. I did hear the word "terrorist," but not the word "Islamic." Please don't try to interject wholly unsubstantiated conjecture into the mix. It's disingenuous, and unnecessarily inflammatory. Terrorists are not, ipso facto, Islamic.
If you choose to live in a fantasy land where the VAST MAJORITY of terrorism is not done in the name of a single religion then please do enjoy your fairytale wonderland. I along with many Muslims I know understand the reality that it is more likely than not that radical Islam is involved in each new instance of terror that occurs.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Without apprehension any ethnic description is conjecture, including Hispanic. Muslims come from many different nationalities/ethnic backgrounds, but many are brown skinned just like many Hispanics. I have known/know many Hispanics, and I don't believe this shooter was Hispanic, they mostly are Catholic/Christian and have a completely different outlook. There are some that are criminals but I have seen/met none that were of terrorist material.

I think odds are that the shooter was indeed a Islamic extremist which has played out in most of these events. You may be an attorney but you are WAYYYYY off base scolding members for making opinions on what has been clearly the norm for terrorists.

rapgood

If you choose to live in a fantasy land where the VAST MAJORITY of terrorism is not done in the name of a single religion then please do enjoy your fairytale wonderland. I along with many Muslims I know understand the reality that it is more likely than not radical Islam involved in each new instance of terror that occurs.

Whoa! Leash that dog!

I didn't say he looked Hispanic. I said that witnesses (you know, those people who actually saw him) said he looked Hispanic. I didn't see him and you didn't see him, but they did. Your resorting to ad hominem attacks on me isn't going to make him an Islamic terrorist.

WalkingWolf

Whoa! Leash that dog!

I didn't say he looked Hispanic. I said that witnesses (you know, those people who actually saw him) said he looked Hispanic. I didn't see him and you didn't see him, but they did. Your resorting to ad hominem attacks on me isn't going to make him an Islamic terrorist.

You were wayyyyy out of line to scold members for saying what has been the case in most of these instances. You need to leash your own dog, no sarcasm intended, a law license is not a license to be rude, and overbearing.

boundlessdyad

Whoa! Leash that dog!

I believe it was you that called my opinion "disingenuous" which is simply your opinion. The odds are heavily in my favor if I bet that every event similar in nature to this one is tied to Islamic terror. I will far more often than not be correct. In this instance it could most certainly end up being a scorned Hispanic male or not. I found it quite interesting in this case that the media ran with the Hispanic narrative when they so often refuse to discuss race or religion unless it involves someone being the "victim" of a Christian white male gun owner or cop.

No leash necessary. This dog knows the odds.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We are spending too much time and energy nipping at each other's heels and drifting off topic.

rapgood

You were wayyyyy out of line to scold members for saying what has been the case in most of these instances. You need to leash your own dog, no sarcasm intended, a law license is not a license to be rude, and overbearing.

You're funny! I now sit contrite and properly scolded.

WalkingWolf

You're funny! I now sit contrite and properly scolded.

You can think funny all you want, but you have no license to act like the back end of a mule. Take your condescending pompous attitude, and pound sand. Never understood why some people who call themselves professionals act nothing like professionals.

rapgood

I believe it was you that called my opinion "disingenuous" which is simply your opinion. The odds are heavily in my favor if I bet that every event similar in nature to this one is tied to Islamic terror. I will far more often than not be correct. In this instance it could most certainly end up being a scorned Hispanic male or not. I found it quite interesting in this case that the media ran with the Hispanic narrative when they so often refuse to discuss race or religion unless it involves someone being the "victim" of a Christian white male gun owner or cop.

No leash necessary. This dog knows the odds.
Please reread what I posted. I didn't say that your opinion was disingenuous. I clearly stated that interjecting unsubstantiated conjecture was disingenuous. You are, without equivocation, absolutely entitled to your opinion. And many on this list who actually know me will tell you that I will fight to the death for your right to hold and express your opinion. If you wish to believe that the shooter is an Islamic terrorist, have at it! I simply reiterated what actual witnesses reported, absent my opinion entirely.

We likely share similar opinions of the media.

Last edited:

HPmatt

I have not seen any facts supporting the classification of 'Hispanic'. Are ther a lot of them north of Seattle - any Syrian 'immigrants'? My look at the pic was certainly on par of Hispanic or Arab. I am down here in Guatemala and the variations on 'hispanic' run from Indians to Spaniards - dark brown skin to Mayans to Anglos - w & w/o Roman noses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

you think so? the news makes it look like he walked in f*** s*** up set his gun down and left, no suspect ID yet. usually these types kill themselves or shoot it out with police, he was able to do this cool, and walk out before the police response, almost seems professional.

WalkingWolf

you think so? the news makes it look like he walked in f*** s*** up set his gun down and left, no suspect ID yet. usually these types kill themselves or shoot it out with police, he was able to do this cool, and walk out before the police response, almost seems professional.

With each attack they learn, I agree some level of training there.