• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burlington mall shooting

44Brent

I didn't see any place on the SeattleTimes.com web site for people to provide comments. I think they must have disabled the commenting, because they feared hundreds of people were going to point out that their claim that the shooter was "Hispanic", is absurd.

I look at that picture, and it screams "Arabic", NOT HISPANIC. I find it amazing that people can be so fearful of being being called "Islamophobic" by CAIR, that they will go to such ridiculous lengths in denying a person's OBVIOUS ethic origin.

EMNofSeattle

I didn't see any place on the SeattleTimes.com web site for people to provide comments. I think they must have disabled the commenting, because they feared hundreds of people were going to point out that their claim that the shooter was "Hispanic", is absurd.

I look at that picture, and it screams "Arabic", NOT HISPANIC. I find it amazing that people can be so fearful of being being called "Islamophobic" by CAIR, that they will go to such ridiculous lengths in denying a person's OBVIOUS ethic origin.

He could be hispanic, he called be arabic, the witnesses at the mall said hispanic which is why the State Patrol put out that description. also Mt Vernon has a large latino population and virtually no arabic population. The WA State Patrol is one of the most professional LE agencies in the country, they would not cover up a shooters ethnicity simply to appease CAIR, in fact this loony conspiracy you're running has NEVER happened.

44Brent

EMN, tell me do YOU think the person in this picture is Hispanic? If you say he is Hispanic, can you really do it with a straight face? Seriously?

b78f5b4a63d43f82b61ac2c3add870d3.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
EMN, tell me do YOU think the person in this picture is Hispanic? If you say he is Hispanic, can you really do it with a straight face? Seriously?
Point - EMN did not say the man was Hispanic. That claim is attributed to others.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
How can anyone tell if he is Caucasian, Latino, or Middle Eastern from that surveillance video still? I can only assume that any statement to narrow the race is from other sources.

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Does that photo above look hispanic to me? Yeps. I have met a fair number of hispanics with similar hair color and skin tones as shown in that photo. I have also met many hispanics with lighter and darker hair color and skin tones. I have met more than several Middle Eastern men and women who could also easily be in that photo regarding things noted above. Quite a few darker and lighter both ways also.

Is the guy hispanic? Don't know, don't care, don't matter except as to how it contributes to his capture or facilitates his escape.

In the final analysis, capture is the only thing that matters.

Now quit biching about something entirely worthless discussing and less than nothing ranting and raving about.

Nemo

stealthyeliminator

(People! When you see red and blue lights behind you, hear sirens wailing, and see headlights flashing, DON'T just signal and mosey over a lane after head-checking twice! Get out of the f*cking way, and that RIGHT NOW!)

Not trying to pick on you, but, I think this is terrible advice, (brought on by high emotion and adrenaline and a want of thought and perspective.) Please continue to drive carefully and don't allow yourself to be suddenly panicked by emergency lights, which could lead you to making a driving error and potentially an accident in addition to the scenario the emergency personnel are already responding to, only slowing their response to the original incident exponentially more than a quick lane-check (or even two) ever would.

The sudden arrival of a fast-moving vehicle with bright flashing lights and loud blaring siren behind you only makes it more difficult to perform driving maneuvers like lane-changes safely. I think it's actually perfectly reasonable to expect a lane change to take a little longer under those conditions than under normal ones. That is a lot of extra sensory input that must be filtered or processed in order to make the lane change safely. Recommending making the maneuver immediately without consideration, skipping safety checks, is kind of absurd.

It's automatic for most to believe that LEOs are the hero-solution here, but let me remind everyone briefly that we here know better. We all here know that the solution to problems like this is not to carelessly throw our vehicles to the side of the road to try and shave off 4 or 5 seconds from a LEO's response time. Even if you halved, no, even if you quartered your LEO friend's response time, it likely wouldn't have been enough to save a single life in this case. (If you know the incident and response time-lines, feel free to do the math and check my speculation.) We must be prepared, trained, and otherwise ready to defend ourselves in a moment's notice - ultimately that's why we are here, is it not? ETA Point is, I think your reaction reveals a common false belief (the false belief that we must rely on LEO response to save us, and the false belief that there is any chance they can respond fast enough to situations like this), and I thought it prudent to highlight and explain for multiple reasons.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Glad no one was injured or killed in a collision with an emergency vehicle doong roighly 2x the legal about 70mph highway speed. That speed wpuld be very difficult to justify in court during a civil trial alleging negligence as I am sure you being an attorney would be very much aware of.

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

44Brent

The day is not over, and now the alternate media has identified the shooter who was arrested. Interestingly he identifies himself as Turkish (Arabic) rather than Hispanic.

http://100percentfedup.com/breaking...-who-killed-5-arrested-motive-and-background/

"But, but, but... the media TOLD us he was Hispanic, and the media never lie, and we thought it was a CONSPIRACY THEORY when people said the shooter looked Arabic".

Which one of the posters on this thread still wants to claim that the picture shows a Hispanic male?

JoeSparky

Centurion
The day is not over, and now the alternate media has identified the shooter who was arrested. Interestingly he identifies himself as Turkish (Arabic) rather than Hispanic.

http://100percentfedup.com/breaking...-who-killed-5-arrested-motive-and-background/

"But, but, but... the media TOLD us he was Hispanic, and the media never lie, and we thought it was a CONSPIRACY THEORY when people said the shooter looked Arabic".

Which one of the posters on this thread still wants to claim that the picture shows a Hispanic male?
No, the media reported as Rapgood shared that witnesses described the shooter as Hispanic.

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

Last edited:

Difdi

I never once heard the word "Islamic" the whole night. I did hear the word "terrorist," but not the word "Islamic." Please don't try to interject wholly unsubstantiated conjecture into the mix. It's disingenuous, and unnecessarily inflammatory. Terrorists are not, ipso facto, Islamic.

It's also worth noting that he might not have been a terrorist either.

Terrorism is defined (simplified) as using unlawful violence or threat of it to alter people's behavior, usually political behavior.

As such, someone who is out to become posthumously famous isn't a terrorist, they're just a particularly vile murderer.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It's also worth noting that he might not have been a terrorist either.

Terrorism is defined (simplified) as using unlawful violence or threat of it to alter people's behavior, usually political behavior.

As such, someone who is out to become posthumously famous isn't a terrorist, they're just a particularly vile murderer.

Could be ex-BF or something ... who knows at this point.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
New information on the shooter.

The shooter is alleged to be a Muslim.
Muslim Arrested in Cascade Mall Jihad Shooting: Arcan Cetin Murdered 4 Women Shouting … -
See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2016/09/muslim-murdered-women-cascade-jihad.html/#sthash.WRqti5Wq.dpuf

While I do not endorse the rhetoric in the above link, there are some additional interesting photos and information to be seen there.

And a Turkish immigrant:
https://twitter.com/search?q=arcan+cetin+muslim&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

Last edited:

boundlessdyad

The shooter is alleged to be a Muslim.
Muslim Arrested in Cascade Mall Jihad Shooting: Arcan Cetin Murdered 4 Women Shouting … - See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2016/09/muslim-murdered-women-cascade-jihad.html/#sthash.WRqti5Wq.dpuf

While I do not endorse the rhetoric in the link, there are some additional interesting photos and information to be seen there.
http://pamelageller.com/2016/09/muslim-murdered-women-cascade-jihad.html/

And a Turkish immigrant:
https://twitter.com/search?q=arcan+cetin+muslim&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search
Another example of misdirection and misinformation by the media and government. I am actually surprised they didn't identify him as a white male with a suntan since Hispanics are another group they love to protect with false narratives. I'd love to hear from the witnesses who identified him as Hispanic if they exist. I guess we just found out that protecting Muslims is more important than protecting Hispanics to the powers that be. POTUS did state as much in his book though didn't he?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/25/suspect-in-washington-state-mall-shooting-in-custody.html

Perhaps the naysayers from earlier in the thread would care to comment?

If we can't honestly identify our enemy or our assailants how can we expect them to be brought to justice?

Last edited:

boundlessdyad

The false narrative is completely expected. I doubt any witnesses identified this shooter as Hispanic.

What is troubling to me is that many 2A supporters are stating on various forums that this target doesn't make sense. It's too rural, it's a women's cosmetics section, etc.

Nonsense. It makes perfect sense. Infidels should feel fear everywhere from the big city to the small town. That is what terrorism is about, forcing us to live in constant fear. If it were just big cities or important targets we would be able to avoid terror by avoiding those areas. They don't want us to have that comfort zone anywhere.

Additionally fundamental Islam is oppressive of women. The cosmetics and lingerie sections of a store make perfect sense as a target in that ideology.

d56e5813adc7d92bffa3cca79f2309f5.jpg
#NOT HISPANIC

3dd2a305bfec0b2fa4d779fe4588be30.jpg
#NO MAKE UP AND LINGERIE FOR HER

HPmatt

I am sure he w/b able to vote for Preezy in this election - accused but not convicted, and even then w/b under appeal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk