Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: What To Do When Your Doctor Asks About Your Guns

  1. #1
    Regular Member DTOM2nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    17

    What To Do When Your Doctor Asks About Your Guns

    Does your doctor interfere with your gun rights? Some do
    Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership came up with some great information on what steps you can take to deal with when your doctor asks you about your guns. Someone associated with DRGO handed me out two pages at my state's gun rights (VCDL) monthly meeting. I turn the handouts in to electronic format to share with others on our website.
    http://defensivepopulace.net/what-to...out-your-guns/

    Everyone is going to take a different approach or opinion. For example, you can answer no, none of your f*&king dam business, I'm taking my money elsewhere, and it's not like they are going to send someone to search your house to verify. Now if universal background checks which incorporates s/n gun registration then the government will know. That's their endgame. We just need to make sure UBC never becomes law.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,968
    Never had a doctor ask me myself but if one did I would assume he is trying to see if I have any to steal.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,637

    Link to source, Dr. Timothy Wheeler at DRGO, a project of 2AF

    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lynchburg
    Posts
    328
    I used to have a few but with the current state of the US I had to sell all but a handgun and old single shot break open 20 gauge to be able to pay you doc and buy my necessary scripts.

    Gas and groceries also took a chunk.

    So no, not really, only one working and the other is older than I am doc.

    Nemo
    Last edited by Va_Nemo; 09-25-2016 at 10:50 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    991
    What to do???

    LIE, LIE, LIE

    Just say NO if asked if there are any guns in the house. of course it wouldn't do me any good as I open carry to doctor's appointments. The nurse at my GP's office says "Put the hardware on the shelf" before she weighs me (double stack 1911, 2 spare mags, 2 knives) and the doc asked me about joining the local gun range, gotta love Wyoming.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,680
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    What to do???

    LIE, LIE, LIE

    Just say NO if asked if there are any guns in the house. of course it wouldn't do me any good as I open carry to doctor's appointments. The nurse at my GP's office says "Put the hardware on the shelf" before she weighs me (double stack 1911, 2 spare mags, 2 knives) and the doc asked me about joining the local gun range, gotta love Wyoming.
    Ahahhahahahaaa!!

    Dang, right! Gotta love Wyoming!!

    Awesome story!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Regular Member JTHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In Illinois near St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,026
    First answer - N.O.Y.B.

    If they ask again, I add a "D" to it - N.O.Y.D.B.

    One doctor I have been to is a fellow hunter. Between 1/3 and 1/2 of our time is spent talking about his latest deer, where his next hunting trip will be, etc.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Fishers
    Posts
    7
    I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally ***** it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-28-2016 at 12:37 PM. Reason: No F-bombs allowed

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,637
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing
    How do you feel about fire extinguishers and, separately, education?

    It's better to have the tool and not need it than to need the tool and not have it.

    Oh master, watch and listen to this and tell us what you think: https://youtu.be/5ecEb4tEPic

    ETA: Grapeshot, can I ask him, can I say it, ****servative? Please, please, please?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-27-2016 at 06:33 PM.
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

  10. #10
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by DTOM2nd View Post
    Everyone is going to take a different approach or opinion.
    "I'm not answering that question". It's my reply to everything not pertinent to the issue I came to the doctor about.

    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally ***** it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My response to your passionate plea for Americans to be more subservient:
    Eat a bowl of *****.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-27-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: F-bombs & others
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    36,717
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally ***** it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does this non-punctuated rant have to do with the OP? An insulting bit of trollish behavior there.

    Suggest that you read the Forum Rules - please note that neither the F-bomb nor any of its variants is allowed on OCDO.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-27-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    "I'm not answering that question". It's my reply to everything not pertinent to the issue I came to the doctor about.
    My response to your passionate plea for Americans to be more subservient:
    Eat a bowl of *****.
    my now that last sentence in your response got a hearty chuckle and a laugh...thanks...appreciated it.

    ipse
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-27-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally ***** it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/top-ten.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-28-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: fixed quote

  14. #14
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally ***** it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Standard capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, apostrophe usage, and paragraphs are really your friend! As it is currently presented I am not even going to make any effort to read your wall of text!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-28-2016 at 12:40 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Standard capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, apostrophe usage, and paragraphs are really your friend! As it is currently presented I am not even going to make any effort to read your wall of text!
    Yep. Skipped it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,968
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    --deleted by Moderator--
    Don't blame others for your inability to best communicate.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-28-2016 at 12:44 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Fishers
    Posts
    7
    What a strange place for the word best


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Fishers
    Posts
    7
    And why would any doctor ask anyone about guns my doctor doesn't care about anything but you paying your bill


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,000
    drat, all out of BSA caramel corn....got the slurpy tho and awaiting so the show can start and i can watch...

    ipse

    Please silence cells...
    Last edited by solus; 09-27-2016 at 11:44 PM.
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,968
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    What a strange place for the word best


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    English is my second language.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally fuked it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    What a strange place for the word best
    What a strange LACK of punctuation, spelling, and grammar in your first post to this thread.

    Your point?

    Since you caught me at a good moment, I'll address some of the flaws in your nearly-incoherent "arguments".

    1) Try talking or sharing your feelings with a guy who wants to rob you of your $20 to buy more drugs and leave no witnesses. Or just a guy who wants to join a gang and has to kill the easiest prey he came across tonight.

    Firearms aren't the answer to everything, they're just the final option. In a life/death scenario, I've already made the decision that I'm not dying because someone else wants something I have. His/their choice may get them shot. Actions have consequences, as any mature adult will tell you.

    2) You try to paint hunting as inhumane (though you don't use the term, I'll point out). Let me ask you, what's more humane:
    Eating an animal that has been allowed to grow with its mother, live free and naturally, have a life for a number of honest-to-goodness years...
    OR
    Eating an animal that was prematurely plucked from the presence of its mother, caged up with limited room for movement, all while being fed a diet of hormones and who-knows-what-else in order to accelerate the growth of the animal, shortening its "life" in the process to a few measly months?

    They both get killed before being processed, but at least the hunted animal likely doesn't suffer the sound of its compatriots' sounds of agony. Hunters take pride in making clean kills, if for no other reason than to be able to leave most of the animal available for consumption (or for trophy).

    Unless you're a vegetarian or vegan, don't try to portray yourself as having the moral high ground, you don't.

    3) Want to eliminate homicides by firearms? Eliminate gangs, eliminate suicide and suicidal THOUGHTS. And here's a fun fact: If you want to save even more people, go after the hack jobs who commit medical malpractice. You'd be saving several times more lives. Heck, you could also go after the automotive industry. Too many car-related deaths.

    4) What does Trump have to do with any of this discussion? I don't know whether the guy would make a good president or not, but at least he hasn't lied about a security breach regarding NATIONAL SECURITY, he hasn't embezzled millions under the guise of a "Trump Foundation" to help people in need, and he hasn't been a part of the fustercluck that we call Congress.
    Takes two to tango buddy. All I know is that Trump wouldn't be a guaranteed "same old, same old" politician. So while I may not vote Trump, I know I sure as heck wouldn't ever vote Clinton.

    5) Paragraphs and punctuation. Learn about them. Use them.

    6) Learn some civility.



    A final note:
    I'll go out on a limb and argue that you probably incorrectly ASSumed I am white (I'm Hispanic, I "look" it, and I acknowledge it), probably ASSumed I'm over 25 (not quite), and that I hunt (closest thing to hunting I have done is chase down and hurl a rock at a gopher that kept eating from a family member's garden).
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  22. #22
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    What to do???

    LIE, LIE, LIE

    Just say NO if asked if there are any guns in the house. of course it wouldn't do me any good as I open carry to doctor's appointments. The nurse at my GP's office says "Put the hardware on the shelf" before she weighs me (double stack 1911, 2 spare mags, 2 knives) and the doc asked me about joining the local gun range, gotta love Wyoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Ahahhahahahaaa!!

    Dang, right! Gotta love Wyoming!!

    Awesome story!
    Sounds like you have a rational, mature doctor.

    F350, a quick question, if I may: What make/model is your sidearm? I only know of Rock Island Armory, STI, Para, and Caspian offering a double-stack version of the beloved 1911.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  23. #23
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    36,717
    Hunting and is evil.

    We do not need to kill to eat.

    Let someone else do it, then eating the meat is okay.

    Same with plants. They have the right to live too.

    Let your doctor know where you stand on these issues. Meanwhile, go pound rocks into bite sized morsels.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23

    What To Do When Your Doctor Asks About Your Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by reelfootmaster View Post
    And why would any doctor ask anyone about guns my doctor doesn't care about anything but you paying your bill


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because our Gubmnt is pushing them to. Did you read any of the articles linked to above?

    So based on your screen name can I assume you are a DR. yourself? A podiatrist? Or do you just have a foot fetish?
    Last edited by idodishez; 09-28-2016 at 05:17 AM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,637
    Quote Originally Posted by idodishez View Post
    So based on your screen name can I assume you are a DR. yourself? A podiatrist? Or do you just have a foot fetish?
    Never ass*u*him. Reelfoot is a region and a lake in maybe Tennessee. Master is virtue signaling to his buds.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-28-2016 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Following moderator's lead
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •