• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What To Do When Your Doctor Asks About Your Guns

idodishez

And why would any doctor ask anyone about guns my doctor doesn't care about anything but you paying your bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because our Gubmnt is pushing them to. Did you read any of the articles linked to above?

So based on your screen name can I assume you are a DR. yourself? A podiatrist? Or do you just have a foot fetish?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Never ass*u*him. Reelfoot is a region and a lake in maybe Tennessee. Master is virtue signaling to his buds.
Where is maybe Tennessee?

Lake Reelfoot is near the confluence of the borders of Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky as they flow down to Tennessee.

He might live near Reelfoot, may visit there, or otherwise just likes that user name.

solus

i am quite impressed, bloke posts an incoherent, rambling bunch of mispelled words in a huge block w/o punctuation as well as tells members in a stand alone post to go have sex with themselves, yet the membership continues to provide attention to this spamer through further commentary.

simply amazing...

ipse

Last edited:

HeroHog

I see, he lives at Realfoot and is a Master but is ashamed so he left off the last part of the word... "baiter."

Last edited by a moderator:

F350

Sounds like you have a rational, mature doctor. :)

F350, a quick question, if I may: What make/model is your sidearm? I only know of Rock Island Armory, STI, Para, and Caspian offering a double-stack version of the beloved 1911.:D

Para P-14, old school series 80 single action carried cocked & locked (purchased pre '94 ban) loaded with Cor-Bon DPX solid copper HPs.

F350

Yea I'm a young 63, I meant "old school" as opposed to the "new fangled" plastic double action only and "light double action" Paras etc. Time proven design, made of steel, from the turn of the last century, designed by the greatest firearms designer ever.

Rusty Young Man

Para P-14, old school series 80 single action carried cocked & locked (purchased pre '94 ban) loaded with Cor-Bon DPX solid copper HPs.

Ah, gotcha. Was hoping to compare notes on parts like the magazine catch and the sear/disconnector/trigger/grip safety "leaf" spring. Not sure how the P-14 compares to the 14.45 I have. :confused:

Still, John Moses Browning's (praise be upon his name :p) general design has been time-proven for the past 116 years now). Figured it wouldn't be too bad if I began to carry double the 7+1 rounds in a familiar platform. :)

And I agree with you on the LDA models.

To keep this on topic: haven't gone to the doctor in a while, but a chiropractor I visited had no problem with it. I did have to disarm for the bone-crunching/popping portion of the visit.:p

Last edited:

OC4me

Well to get this thread back on track, I'd ask the doctor if he/she knew anything about gun safety... and then I'd proceed to school the fool by asking the doctor for common sense 'gun safety' advice, like would they recommend a double action or single action trigger on a pistol, did they think a firearm would be safe from accidental discharge if the magazine was removed, what should be done in the event of a misfiring round, how should I properly clear a malfunctioning round or a jam, then ask them to remind me what those four pesky rules of gun safety are....please show me his/her gun safety training certificate!

Speaking of safety training certificate, dispensing of medical advice requires umpteen certifications/licenses, etc. It would be a great idea for the various state legislatures to require doctors, as a condition of dispensing gun-safety advice, to take an NRA-approved gun safety class as a prerequisite to discussing firearms with patients....just saying! Heck, might even convert a few of them to our side.

Last edited:

solus

as previously stated, they are following guidance handed down& provided by the AMA and other medical professional associations OR the OFFICE MANAGER who has put the crap on their intake worksheet(s)...

you'll need to correct the source's flow of material instead of chastising the messenger who is completely indoctrinated to following his cohort's biased exemplary example.

ipse

added...as well as getting the medical academicians to appropriately teach the med students how to critically think for themselves.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My doctors have each told me at one time or another, "You know your body better than we do."

That's scary, but they are only practicing. I'm in the marble game playing for keeps....and I have a cats eye shooter.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Last edited:

just James

If a doctor ever asks me anything about my firearms, I will simply respond by asking him a few VERY personal questions about his wife, and how she performs in bed. After he gets angry and exclaims that that is none of my business, I will just smile and hope that he gets the point.