• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Butler County metroparks - No OC allowed per park rules

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Everything you have said is absolutely true. Congratulations on some great work and tireless effort.

Expect to see OFCC now take credit for the fix.

Why all the OFCC hate?

:cry:
I don't see any hate or serious problems here. Note that my hammer is still holstered. :)

I do recognize that there are some wrinkles in the relationship, but no rule Forum Rules were ignored or kicked to the curb.

Ohio

I believe the OP (OHIO) is "tbrew85" over on OFCC (Ohioans for Conceal Carry). He complained about Butler County Metroparks rules. I resolved the issue, yet not one word of thanks. I am not asking for praise. I could care less about praise. I posted my correspondence with the park board for the purpose of education. This is how it's done and how you can do it. Some day somebody will have to pick up the gauntlet.

I know that I'm despised on OFCC, but tbrew85 not acknowledging that the issue has been resolved over on OFCC is suspect. "OHIO" didn't complain about no results when posted 4 1/2 years ago on OFCC, nor did he follow-up with the park board. And the the rank and file of OFCC didn't even assist him, pitiful.

With all the knowledge shared OCDO you would think Ohioans would participate more on this forum. But, it is what it is.

I now step down from my soapbox.......

I apologize, I have experienced health issues and when not, playing catch-up on work. I just haven't had time. I am greatly thankful for the work done. I only visit this park once oer year for a soccer tournament. I knew this site was a good place to post. Again, I greatly appreciate the work/time involved in working something out. Also, I am not brew85 nor am I on OFCC. Only BFA and this site.
Thank you again.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I apologize, I have experienced health issues and when not, playing catch-up on work. I just haven't had time. I am greatly thankful for the work done. I only visit this park once oer year for a soccer tournament. I knew this site was a good place to post. Again, I greatly appreciate the work/time involved in working something out. Also, I am not brew85 nor am I on OFCC. Only BFA and this site.
Thank you again.
Thanks for your response. The issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

Splat!!

I attacked them on the signs , a few years back...Never dreamed they held off on the rules....I was able to nail Armco park and they changed the park rules in about 3 months...

caleb4387

I believe the OP (OHIO) is "tbrew85" over on OFCC (Ohioans for Conceal Carry). He complained about Butler County Metroparks rules. I resolved the issue, yet not one word of thanks. I am not asking for praise. I could care less about praise. I posted my correspondence with the park board for the purpose of education. This is how it's done and how you can do it. Some day somebody will have to pick up the gauntlet.

I know that I'm despised on OFCC, but tbrew85 not acknowledging that the issue has been resolved over on OFCC is suspect. "OHIO" didn't complain about no results when posted 4 1/2 years ago on OFCC, nor did he follow-up with the park board. And the the rank and file of OFCC didn't even assist him, pitiful.

With all the knowledge shared OCDO you would think Ohioans would participate more on this forum. But, it is what it is.

I now step down from my soapbox.......
ims til fairly new .....guess I'm not up on all the drama