Thread: Virginia Tech student to go on hunger strike about campus carry

Virginia Tech student to go on hunger strike about campus carry

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/....html?mode=jqm

Ryan Martin says he will stop eating come midnight on Sunday,Sept. 25.

The senior, studying English and biology, plans to conduct a hunger strike that will last until the end of President Timothy Sands' State of the University address — slated to begin at 3 p.m. on Friday,Sept. 30.

The only thing that would end the strike early, Martin says,is if Sands agrees to a conversation about carrying concealed firearms on campus with a permit.

Virginia Tech is a gun-free zone, a policy Martin believes makes the university less safe.

“The goal really is to have a conversation with President Sands," Martin said. "He’s paid almost a million dollars a year and Icontacted him initially in January and it's been nine months and I still have yet to get that meeting."

The Washington Business Journal reports that Sands had a salary of $517,500 in 2015. ...

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/....html?mode=jqm

Ryan Martin says he will stop eating come midnight on Sunday,Sept. 25.

The senior, studying English and biology, plans to conduct a hunger strike that will last until the end of President Timothy Sands' State of the University address — slated to begin at 3 p.m. on Friday,Sept. 30.

The only thing that would end the strike early, Martin says,is if Sands agrees to a conversation about carrying concealed firearms on campus with a permit.

Virginia Tech is a gun-free zone, a policy Martin believes makes the university less safe.

“The goal really is to have a conversation with President Sands," Martin said. "He’s paid almost a million dollars a year and Icontacted him initially in January and it's been nine months and I still have yet to get that meeting."

The Washington Business Journal reports that Sands had a salary of $517,500 in 2015. ...
    Oh, my. What a brilliant tactic.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh, my. What a brilliant tactic.
    How about an open carry Walk on campus, then?

No, the obviously correct thing to do here is to delay the State of the University speech by a week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    No, the obviously correct thing to do here is to delay the State of the University speech by a week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk