• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Tech student to go on hunger strike about campus carry

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...9f2-81e8-11e6-8f37-3794f659351c.html?mode=jqm

Ryan Martin says he will stop eating come midnight on Sunday,Sept. 25.

The senior, studying English and biology, plans to conduct a hunger strike that will last until the end of President Timothy Sands' State of the University address — slated to begin at 3 p.m. on Friday,Sept. 30.

The only thing that would end the strike early, Martin says,is if Sands agrees to a conversation about carrying concealed firearms on campus with a permit.

Virginia Tech is a gun-free zone, a policy Martin believes makes the university less safe.

“The goal really is to have a conversation with President Sands," Martin said. "He’s paid almost a million dollars a year and Icontacted him initially in January and it's been nine months and I still have yet to get that meeting."

The Washington Business Journal reports that Sands had a salary of $517,500 in 2015. ...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...9f2-81e8-11e6-8f37-3794f659351c.html?mode=jqm

Ryan Martin says he will stop eating come midnight on Sunday,Sept. 25.

The senior, studying English and biology, plans to conduct a hunger strike that will last until the end of President Timothy Sands' State of the University address — slated to begin at 3 p.m. on Friday,Sept. 30.

The only thing that would end the strike early, Martin says,is if Sands agrees to a conversation about carrying concealed firearms on campus with a permit.

Virginia Tech is a gun-free zone, a policy Martin believes makes the university less safe.

“The goal really is to have a conversation with President Sands," Martin said. "He’s paid almost a million dollars a year and Icontacted him initially in January and it's been nine months and I still have yet to get that meeting."

The Washington Business Journal reports that Sands had a salary of $517,500 in 2015. ...

Oh, my. What a brilliant tactic.

kcgunfan

No, the obviously correct thing to do here is to delay the State of the University speech by a week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
No, the obviously correct thing to do here is to delay the State of the University speech by a week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

123WarmUpHeader.jpg