Thread: Trump aims to carry on presidents’ tradition of proud gun ownership.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Trump aims to carry on presidents’ tradition of proud gun ownership. TWT

"[ ... ]
    Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee, has a concealed carry permit in New York, owns at least two handguns and professes a “tremendous passion” for hunting with his sons. He laments that his schedule rarely affords him time to hunt.

In an interview with The Washington Times in 2012, Mr. Trump said he owns a Hechler & Koch .45 pistol and a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson. “I own a couple of different guns, but I don’t talk about it,” he said at the time.
    [ ... ]
    Mrs. Clinton told her duck hunting story most prominently during the 2008 Democratic presidential primary, when she was trying to exploit rival Barack Obama’s comment about Pennsylvania’s “bitter” voters who “cling” to guns and religion.
    [ ... ]
    “Whether or not the candidates own firearms is of minor consequence,” said John Josselyn, legislative vice president of the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore Inc. “The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting. The issues that matter are the candidates’ understanding of the reason the Second Amendment was written, respect for the rule of law and the rights of the citizens of the United States to keep and bear arms for self-defense.”
    [ ... ]
    [TRUMP] has said he is open to a “no fly, no buy” policy to prevent people on terrorist watch lists from buying firearms. He also wants to create a “national right to carry” law that would make such permits valid in all 50 states.
    [TRUMP] says he would get rid of “gun-free zones” and would emphasize enforcement of existing gun laws.

I just noticed a headline at WaPo that "Debate moderators shouldn't duck," referring to Hillary's demand for real-time unilateral fact checking, but unintentionally alluding to her issues with hunting. Was she the 'quail' at this all guy hunting trip, was Web Hubbell the one that took? Chelsea wants to know.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-26-2016 at 05:01 AM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Top of the wish list = national Constitutional Carry
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

earth's crust
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Top of the wish list = national Constitutional Carry
    Well this guy likes him ....

I like where the .gov says "he's not doing anything illegal"...that's code for "we want to get him and break his legs"

And the old lady complaining about people honking ... get a life !