Thread: 2016 Presidential Debate thread

2016 Presidential Debate thread

Comments, discussion, viewpoints, and more...

Who is going to win? Who won? Best moments, worst moments? Etc...

Donaldus Triumphus theme: Make America Great. A la Ronaldus Magnus. Music VIDEO

https://youtu.be/5ecEb4tEPic

Sigurd, also 'Siegfried', slaying Fafnir. Sigurd-Siegfried is the golden haired hero of Norse legend. Siegfried is of Wagner's heroes in the German Nibelungenlied, and Richard Wagner's operas Siegfried and Götterdämmerung.

https://starwheel.files.wordpress.co...ays-fafnir.jpg
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-26-2016 at 09:14 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    https://youtu.be/5ecEb4tEPic

Sigurd, also 'Siegfried', slaying Fafnir. Sigurd-Siegfried is the golden haired hero of Norse legend. Siegfried is of Wagner's heroes in the German Nibelungenlied, and Richard Wagner's operas Siegfried and Götterdämmerung.

https://starwheel.files.wordpress.co...ays-fafnir.jpg
    cute

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Hillery accuses us as being implicitly biased.
    What is implicit bias?

Implicit bias occurs when someone consciously rejects stereotypes and supports anti-discrimination efforts but also holds negative associations in his/her mind unconsciously. Scientists have learned that we only have conscious access to 5 percent of our brains—much of the work our brain does occurs on the unconscious level. Thus, implicit bias does not mean that people are hiding their racial prejudices. They literally do not know they have them. More than 85 percent of all Americans consider themselves to be unprejudiced. Yet researchers have concluded that the majority of people in the United States hold some degree of implicit racial bias.
    What a crock.

Drudge Report 2016 0445

Thank you for voting!

TRUMP 80.81% (247,928 votes)
    CLINTON 19.19% (58,869 votes)

Total Votes: 306,797

The Washington Times 0455

Poll: Who won the first presidential debate?
    Hillary Clinton 2447 (24%)
    Donald Trump 7113 (70%)
    Neither 412 (4%)
    Lester Holt 172 (2%)

Milady Wife, now facebooking, reports on the number of neighbors that turned the debate off, too disgusted to watch more. Yesterday evening she reported the Hillaryous ones gathering for a communal viewing. I asked that she brag that we slept through it, first watching Indian Summers on AmaXon Prime video while drinking our evening 'beverages' and then nodding off, to bed at 2200.

Previously I had written on DISQUS that Triumphant TRUMP could rant and rave for an hour, Seig Heil and bang his shoe, and it would make no difference to me and to the #NeverHillary.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-27-2016 at 07:07 AM.

Greenie Jill Stein impeached by virtue signaling "Doctor"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2807399

There are doctors and there are Doctors, some doctorates are defended, habilitated, and some are earned by punching a card.

Even Time.com, TRUMP 52%. Clinton 48%

CNBC. TRUMP 65%. Clinton 35%. 0.7 Million preferences reported

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Hillary Clinton was deemed the winner of Monday night's debate by 62% of voters who tuned in to watch, while just 27% said they thought Donald Trump had the better night.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/09/27/poll.pdf
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Breitbart/Gravis “flash poll” conducted minutes after the debate ended.
    48 percent said Clinton did a better job, compared to 43 percent, who said Trump did the better job.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...te-flash-poll/

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Voters Nationally Say Clinton Won Debate 51/40

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...bate-5140.html

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Hillary Clinton was deemed the winner of Monday night's debate by 62% of voters who tuned in to watch, while just 27% said they thought Donald Trump had the better night.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/09/27/poll.pdf
    The real disappointment is found in the breakdown of pre-debate alliances.

26% of the respondents who participated in tonight's survey identified themselves as Republicans,

41% identified themselves as Democrats,

and 33% identified themselves as Independents
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

26% of the respondents who participated in tonight's survey identified themselves as Republicans,

Why would anybody be disappointed by breakdown of respondents? Does such a person have a world-view that expects or requires Republicans to become respondents to a certain poll?

No, really. I sincerely cannot make sense of this.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-27-2016 at 09:05 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Why would anybody be disappointed by breakdown of respondents? Does such a person have a world-view that expects or requires Republicans to become respondents to a certain poll?

No, really. I sincerely cannot make sense of this.
    My disappointment (as stated) was in the pre-debate alliances = before they were "respondents."

The numbers/% shown is not a fair representation/balance of the two main groups. It appears to me that if a portion of the independents are swayed to either side, we get figures predictably like the final poll results.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-27-2016 at 09:17 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The root problem with all self-served polls/surveys is the self-selection of the respondents. Only activists need apply.

In surveying for descriptive statistics, there are two broad classes of data acquisition; one, that we are familiar with, is the surveyor pollster does his best to design what he thinks is a fair survey - and is roundly criticized for this and that corruption. The other, convenient data is extracted from an unrelated data set, perhaps as proxy, for the purposes of the surveyor, with the initial acquisition blind to the subsequent use.

At least it was a scientific poll showing the random imbalance openly.
    The other polls I saw through out this thread were meaningless online polls where respondents were not accounted for and you could vote multiple times if you wish.
    Meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    At least it was a scientific poll showing the random imbalance openly.
    The other polls I saw through out this thread were meaningless online polls where respondents were not accounted for and you could vote multiple times if you wish.

Meaningless.
    thank you!!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Centurion
    Personally, I don't care which one of these 2 clowns (the criminal one or the immature one) "won" the debate! What I want to know is which one supports the US Constitution, limited Federal government as identified within the US Constitution, enforcing the 2nd amendment restrictions on the Governmental infringement by the feds on the "right of the people to keep and bear arms' by eliminating all federal infringment of this right which "shall not be infringed", and returning us to GOD as a country and as individuals?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Personally, I don't care which one of these 2 clowns (the criminal one or the immature one) "won" the debate! What I want to know is which one supports the US Constitution, limited Federal government as identified within the US Constitution, enforcing the 2nd amendment restrictions on the Governmental infringement by the feds on the "right of the people to keep and bear arms' by eliminating all federal infringment of this right which "shall not be infringed", and returning us to GOD as a country and as individuals?
    Neither. We're ******
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-28-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: F-bombs and derivatives are not acceptable