Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Those who will go out an steal a milk crate...

  1. #1
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,256

    Those who will go out an steal a milk crate...

    quote:
    A man was arrested in Polk Country, Florida, Thursday after deputies spotted him riding around town with a dairy crate attached to his bicycle... claims he found the dairy crate on the side of the road and attached it to his bicycle— a common modification many cyclists use as a way to add storage to their bikes.

    Police officers say since the crate had the name of a local business on it, Sunshine State Dairy Farms, the crate belonged to the farm, (so)...booked... into the Polk County Jail, where he will will face a fine or a short jail stay. ... official charge: Possession of Dairy Crate. "Those who will go out an steal a milk crate ... are the same people who are probably breaking into cars, breaking into your house," Polk County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Carrie Horstman says unquote.
    http://www.newser.com/story/231953/f...iry-crate.html

    surely the cost to the community in the salaries of the nice LEs, judical costs, prison costs out weigh the cost of a mass produced molded plastic milk carrier.

    but the citizens of this community have a diligent law enforcement protecting them...

    ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,210
    I guess he had proof that the Schwinn bike he was riding was his.

    What about those fruit of a loom undies he was wearing?

    You driving a Chevy???? They are coming after you.....

  3. #3
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,256
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    I guess he had proof that the Schwinn bike he was riding was his.

    What about those fruit of a loom undies he was wearing?

    You driving a Chevy???? They are coming after you.....
    alas, the caption under the foto shows isn't related to the story...but one of newser's quarks...

    quote: deputy noticed that Timothy Troller, of Auburndale, had a dairy crate attached to his a purple Mongoose BMX bicycle.

    Deputies are actually out there proactively looking for things that don’t look right; looking for suspicious things. If they see somebody riding a bicycle at 10 o’clock at night they may have a conversation with them. unquote
    http://wfla.com/2016/09/30/polk-coun...ng-milk-crate/

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-02-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,702
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    SNIP surely the cost to the community in the salaries of the nice LEs, judical costs, prison costs out weigh the cost of a mass produced molded plastic milk carrier.
    Well, yes. Because...you know...it is...uh...more...uh...whatever to arrest someone than just seize the milk crate, put it in the trunk of the police car, and keep it there until the next coffee break when they can drop it off at whichever convenience store or grocery store carries that brand of milk.

    Now that I think about it, my senior citizen mother would be in jeopardy for a metal milk crate acquired in the 1970's. Some readers will remember when milk crates were made of steel wire and painted. As far as I know, she still has one of those in her garage. I'd better call her right now and warn her, "Mom!! Don't let police in the house to talk to you about your vandalized bird feeder! They'll arrest you for that 1970's steel milk crate!"

    C'mon mom. Pick up the phone. Oh, nooo. Why won't she answer the phone?!

    Omigod! I just realized something! Milk crates are the gateway crime to stealing shopping carts! OH! It must be my mom! She must be the person secretly stealing all those blue shopping carts from her local WalMart. Oh, mom, mom, mom. Why? oh, why did you turn to a life of crime? Why didn't you get help back in 1972 when you snagged that first metal milk crate?
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-02-2016 at 06:15 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    alas, the caption under the foto shows isn't related to the story...but one of newser's quarks...

    quote: deputy noticed that Timothy Troller, of Auburndale, had a dairy crate attached to his a purple Mongoose BMX bicycle.

    Deputies are actually out there proactively looking for things that don’t look right; looking for suspicious things. If they see somebody riding a bicycle at 10 o’clock at night they may have a conversation with them. unquote
    http://wfla.com/2016/09/30/polk-coun...ng-milk-crate/

    ipse
    The guy looks like he can't afford a BMX bike. More reason to stop him, a case of profiling. It isn't safe out there anymore......

  6. #6
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Well, yes. Because...you know...it is...uh...more...uh...whatever to arrest someone than just seize the milk crate, put it in the trunk of the police car, and keep it there until the next coffee break when they can drop it off at whichever convenience store or grocery store carries that brand of milk.

    Now that I think about it, my senior citizen mother would be in jeopardy for a metal milk crate acquired in the 1970's. Some readers will remember when milk crates were made of steel wire and painted. As far as I know, she still has one of those in her garage. I'd better call her right now and warn her, "Mom!! Don't let police in the house to talk to you about your vandalized bird feeder! They'll arrest you for that 1970's steel milk crate!"

    C'mon mom. Pick up the phone. Oh, nooo. Why won't she answer the phone?!

    Omigod! I just realized something! Milk crates are the gateway crime to stealing shopping carts! OH! It must be my mom! She must be the person secretly stealing all those blue shopping carts from her local WalMart. Oh, mom, mom, mom. Why? oh, why did you turn to a life of crime? Why didn't you get help back in 1972 when you snagged that first metal milk crate?
    you know when you volunteer familial history, it exposes you to explaining your adult behavioural quirks you exhibit out here...

    now you put back all those pens you have stolen from your employer and this whistleblower, er good citizen,shan't turn you in..

    go well and rescue your dear mother before she become incorrigible and a harden criminal.

    ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,702
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    you know when you volunteer familial history, it exposes you to explaining your adult behavioural quirks you exhibit out here...

    now you put back all those pens you have stolen from your employer and this whistleblower, er good citizen,shan't turn you in..

    go well and rescue your dear mother before she become incorrigible and a harden criminal.

    ipse


    For her I fear it might be too late! Oh, why didn't I recognize the signs when, as a child, I first saw that milk crate? I hope is not actually too late! My gosh!! It is only two steps from milk crates to shopping carts to bringing down the entire planetary financial system! Oh! Swift action is required now! I must stop her! For her, and for us!!

    Mom! Mom! Answer the danged phone!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,256
    gofund has been set up for your mother as well for the teen accused for allegedly stealing a 65 cent carton of milk.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...97f_story.html

    ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lynchburg
    Posts
    375
    "Milk Crate" policing is the Florida equivalent of the New York "Broken Window" theory of policing.

    Nemo

  10. #10
    Regular Member TXOC16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    72
    Sure, it's all fun and games until someone gets a milk crate strapped to their bike and loses an eye...
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,946
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    --Mod note-- Quote source has already been deleted.
    Thank goodness this is NOT my thread. If it were, I would ask it closed now.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-03-2016 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Content of quote has already been deleted
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Thank goodness this is NOT my thread. If it were, I would ask it closed now.
    oh thank goodness the judge dredd of censorship has arrive to pronounce judgement as well as their recommendation for sentence.

    meme me up scotty...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-03-2016 at 06:08 AM.
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Regular Member JTHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In Illinois near St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,055
    IBtL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •