Thread: An activist of RKBA - coming to Virginia Tech? Would you attend an OC walk?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Question An activist of RKBA - coming to Virginia Tech? Would you attend an OC walk?

User/member BB62 from Ohio who has organized numerous OC walks on a number of campuses in various states and who has litigation presently ongoing with a Missouri zoo is seriously considering organizing a Va Tech OC event/walk either this year (time and weather dependant) or sometime in 2017.

The question posed is how many people would actually attend and thereby lend their direct support to such an endeavor? Don't want to throw a party and have no one dance. One does not have to be a Virginia resident to participate - just have an interest in furthering the right to self-defense in Virginia universities.

The inside of the buildings at VT are all GFZs. However, the outside grounds, parking lots, roads and sidewalks are not. VT students and employees would be subject to sanctions, but non-VT students and the general public cannot be restricted from carrying on campus. Vt students can OC empty holsters as an expression of both their 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

Post your responses here as to whether you would be willing/desirous of participating. BB62 is in the planning stage at this point.

Note - all off topic or silly replies will be deleted.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-03-2016 at 11:42 AM. Reason: edited title by request
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Do you know how many pairs of shoes I have worn out going on these walks with BB62?

Founder's Club Member
    I came down for the last one when VCDL handed out flyers on the VT campus just a couple weeks before one of the local police, Officer Crouse, was shot point blank by a murderer on Virginia Tech's campus (December, 2011). Depending on the time frame I might be able to do the same again.

Founder's Club Member
    Willing, work schedule, etc, permitting.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I would make every effort to make the trip out to be part of the event.

Would try to make it. Might have to make it an open carry scooter ride.
    Last edited by Wolf_shadow; 10-03-2016 at 03:43 PM.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

all depending on the date and time he has in mind. When he has got further along in the planning perhaps we could organize a car pool
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

Barring catching a snakebite or lightning strike, consider me there.

Nemo

Count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centurion
    I'd love to participate. Advance notice mandatory for transport reasons. OC trike ride from Utah to Virginia--- Yep! I'm up for that.

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Barring any family obligations/events and weather permitting, I'm there.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Knowing BB62 for such a long time, I sometimes answer his questions. So far he hasn't rapped me on the noggin for it. Anyhow, these campus walks are held in decent weather, so I'd guess the plan is for next year in the spring at VT, if it can be pulled together. We are going to be out of mild fall weather in just a few weeks, really. Also, ss you may have noticed BB62 is working over..oops, working on one of the municipal bus companies here in Ohio to remove their illegal "No guns!" signs and regulations. So, he's busy.

I've been through the Blacksburg Va. area once, it's beautiful, always wanted to make a return engagement. Nothing better than a road trip that features some boots-on-the-ground 2A advocacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Knowing BB62 for such a long time, I sometimes answer his questions. So far he hasn't rapped me on the noggin for it. Anyhow, these campus walks are held in decent weather, so I'd guess the plan is for next year in the spring at VT, if it can be pulled together. We are going to be out of mild fall weather in just a few weeks, really. Also, ss you may have noticed BB62 is working over..oops, working on one of the municipal bus companies here in Ohio to remove their illegal "No guns!" signs and regulations. So, he's busy.

I've been through the Blacksburg Va. area once, it's beautiful, always wanted to make a return engagement. Nothing better than a road trip that features some boots-on-the-ground 2A advocacy.
    I would come to the same conclusion. In fact, it would be my recommendation.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I would come to the same conclusion. In fact, it would be my recommendation.
    Spring is Terry McAuliffe's last year as Governor. But, depending on who is elected President will determine how tough the organizing of the walk will entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Side Note-- Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive is about the nicest/prettiest you will find in the US.

Nemo

Now back to the original idea/purpose/intentions of this thread.

I'd be there....

It's about a 40 minute drive, I can make a materials run the same day.

Let me know the date and time. This fall would be good, nice crisp weather and it's beautiful when the leaves are turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Neplusultra View Post
    --snipped-- This fall would be good, nice crisp weather and it's beautiful when the leaves are turning.
    The more I think about the scheduling (fall vs spring), the more advantageous the fall would be.

Sends a fresh notice to the General Assembly who will convene January 11, 2017.

Any on-campus VT students and/or people from other schools involved would not be in the middle of exams.

If we do it this fall, a 2nd event could still be planned in the spring if desired.

Either way, I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The more I think about the scheduling (fall vs spring), the more advantageous the fall would be.

Sends a fresh notice to the General Assembly who will convene January 11, 2017.

Any on-campus VT students and/or people from other schools involved would not be in the middle of exams.

If we do it this fall, a 2nd event could still be planned in the spring if desired.

Either way, I'll be there.
    You want me spouseless/dead, eh?

Predicted quote from my wife: "If you go to Virginia on another one of those gun things, instead of taking care of the things I want around the house, you're dead/I'm of of here!"

<sigh>

(Good points, though. I'll think about it in what may be my last few days married/alive)

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post

Predicted quote from my wife: "If you go to Virginia on another one of those gun things, instead of taking care of the things I want around the house, you're dead/I'm of of here!"

<sigh>

(Good points, though. I'll think about it in what may be my last few days married/alive)
    We all have to make our choices and live with the consequences. It is nice your beloved has communicated to you clearly so you're not guessing here. LOL

I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post

<sigh>

bring her along...honey, let's do a couple days away from here, in say va, the land for lovers...oh, dear, so we can mark mileage, food, hotel off our taxes this year, i do need to conduct a "little" business on one day ONLY to satisfy the tax guys.

piece of cake...(wondering aloud who wears the pants in that family~geez)

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    bring her along...honey, let's do a couple days away from here, in say va, the land for lovers...oh, dear, so we can mark mileage, food, hotel off our taxes this year, i do need to conduct a "little" business on one day ONLY to satisfy the tax guys.

piece of cake...(wondering aloud who wears the pants in that family~geez)

ipse
    Just because one is respectful to a partner in life does not indicate in any way who "wears the pants".

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

I am sure that only a registered lobbyist's political activities will satisfy the tax guys. BTDTGTT-S,WIO
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I am sure that only a registered lobbyist's political activities will satisfy the tax guys. BTDTGTT-S,WIO
    I am a registered lobbyist.

Now if I only had some taxable income to shelter, balancing the ledger.