• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An activist of RKBA - coming to Virginia Tech? Would you attend an OC walk?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
User/member BB62 from Ohio who has organized numerous OC walks on a number of campuses in various states and who has litigation presently ongoing with a Missouri zoo is seriously considering organizing a Va Tech OC event/walk either this year (time and weather dependant) or sometime in 2017.

The question posed is how many people would actually attend and thereby lend their direct support to such an endeavor? Don't want to throw a party and have no one dance. One does not have to be a Virginia resident to participate - just have an interest in furthering the right to self-defense in Virginia universities.

The inside of the buildings at VT are all GFZs. However, the outside grounds, parking lots, roads and sidewalks are not. VT students and employees would be subject to sanctions, but non-VT students and the general public cannot be restricted from carrying on campus. Vt students can OC empty holsters as an expression of both their 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

Post your responses here as to whether you would be willing/desirous of participating. BB62 is in the planning stage at this point.

Note - all off topic or silly replies will be deleted.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I came down for the last one when VCDL handed out flyers on the VT campus just a couple weeks before one of the local police, Officer Crouse, was shot point blank by a murderer on Virginia Tech's campus (December, 2011). Depending on the time frame I might be able to do the same again.

scouser

all depending on the date and time he has in mind. When he has got further along in the planning perhaps we could organize a car pool

JoeSparky

Centurion
I'd love to participate. Advance notice mandatory for transport reasons. OC trike ride from Utah to Virginia--- Yep! I'm up for that.

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

Brian D.

Knowing BB62 for such a long time, I sometimes answer his questions. So far he hasn't rapped me on the noggin for it. ;) Anyhow, these campus walks are held in decent weather, so I'd guess the plan is for next year in the spring at VT, if it can be pulled together. We are going to be out of mild fall weather in just a few weeks, really. Also, ss you may have noticed BB62 is working over..oops, working on one of the municipal bus companies here in Ohio to remove their illegal "No guns!" signs and regulations. So, he's busy.

I've been through the Blacksburg Va. area once, it's beautiful, always wanted to make a return engagement. Nothing better than a road trip that features some boots-on-the-ground 2A advocacy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Knowing BB62 for such a long time, I sometimes answer his questions. So far he hasn't rapped me on the noggin for it. ;) Anyhow, these campus walks are held in decent weather, so I'd guess the plan is for next year in the spring at VT, if it can be pulled together. We are going to be out of mild fall weather in just a few weeks, really. Also, ss you may have noticed BB62 is working over..oops, working on one of the municipal bus companies here in Ohio to remove their illegal "No guns!" signs and regulations. So, he's busy.

I've been through the Blacksburg Va. area once, it's beautiful, always wanted to make a return engagement. Nothing better than a road trip that features some boots-on-the-ground 2A advocacy.

I would come to the same conclusion. In fact, it would be my recommendation.

Va_Nemo

Side Note-- Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive is about the nicest/prettiest you will find in the US.

Nemo

Now back to the original idea/purpose/intentions of this thread.

Neplusultra

I'd be there....

It's about a 40 minute drive, I can make a materials run the same day.

Let me know the date and time. This fall would be good, nice crisp weather and it's beautiful when the leaves are turning.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-- This fall would be good, nice crisp weather and it's beautiful when the leaves are turning.
The more I think about the scheduling (fall vs spring), the more advantageous the fall would be.

Sends a fresh notice to the General Assembly who will convene January 11, 2017.

Any on-campus VT students and/or people from other schools involved would not be in the middle of exams.

If we do it this fall, a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] event could still be planned in the spring if desired.

Either way, I'll be there.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
The more I think about the scheduling (fall vs spring), the more advantageous the fall would be.

Sends a fresh notice to the General Assembly who will convene January 11, 2017.

Any on-campus VT students and/or people from other schools involved would not be in the middle of exams.

If we do it this fall, a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] event could still be planned in the spring if desired.

Either way, I'll be there.
You want me spouseless/dead, eh? :eek:

Predicted quote from my wife: "If you go to Virginia on another one of those gun things, instead of taking care of the things I want around the house, you're dead/I'm of of here!"

<sigh>

(Good points, though. I'll think about it in what may be my last few days married/alive)

JoeSparky

Centurion

Predicted quote from my wife: "If you go to Virginia on another one of those gun things, instead of taking care of the things I want around the house, you're dead/I'm of of here!"

<sigh>

(Good points, though. I'll think about it in what may be my last few days married/alive)
We all have to make our choices and live with the consequences. It is nice your beloved has communicated to you clearly so you're not guessing here. LOL

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

solus

<sigh>

bring her along...honey, let's do a couple days away from here, in say va, the land for lovers...oh, dear, so we can mark mileage, food, hotel off our taxes this year, i do need to conduct a "little" business on one day ONLY to satisfy the tax guys.

piece of cake...(wondering aloud who wears the pants in that family~geez):eek:

ipse