Thread: Hurricane Matthew evacuation. Best wishes.

Hurricane Matthew evacuation. Best wishes.

I just spoke to my Best Man on the beachfront at Sullivan's Island. He's boarded up the house on I'on Street and has a room reserved for two nights - in Mt. Pleasant on the other side of US-17.

He says that the model that he watches has the H-storm turning away from South Carolina.
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    We shall know soon enough. Storm clouds are a brewin'

Hope that people make arrangements for their firearms as most shelters do not allow them inside.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Local reports of dry gas stations

There are local reports, by personal communication, of long lines and dry gas stations, apparently aggravated by a pre-existing problem with fuel supply in the Carolinas, of which I was not aware. A perfect storm brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Its only some wind and rain ....Time to paint the house ! Or do some roofing !
    Clearly not a homeowner, suggesting roofing or painting wet.

Foreign press coverage of hurricane surfing and parties ... no fatties!

Or not many that I noticed.

Is there a correlation, independent minded ignoring hysterical hyperbolic warnings to get some fun exercise contrasted with gullible rationalizes and procrastinators looking for any government authorized excuse to sit in their car evacuating[sic] their even bigger hurricane special Big Mac and cheese and bacon and ...

Best wishes Bubber and Chuckton.

usa today...http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...racy/91705834/
    quote: Matt Drudge takes heat for tweet implying hurricane is government lie

The deplorables are starting to wonder if the govt has been lying to them about Hurricane Matthew intensity to make exaggerated point on climate," the editor of The Drudge Reporttweeted.

Hurricane Center has monopoly on data. No way of verifying claims. Nassau ground observations DID NOT match statements! 165mph gusts? WHERE?
    unquote

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I lived in Charleston for thirty years, including through H. Hugo and a half-dozen others. I disrespect all prognosticators forecasters without doxastic committment as N. N. Taleb calls skin-in-the-game. When incompetent forecasters are fired then they can start to build credence.

Wind in Beaufort is 25 mph. Max. Lot of rain, as of 10:30 tonight

Update!! From Sullivans Island ...

Best Man just e-mailed that they were able to check their beachfront cottage-home yesterday. ZERO damage to the home or to the Island. The clocks were not even blinking. Return home after Church today.

During H.Hugo there was telephone service throughout.

The local rag has a statement from a "Lindsey Graham" that stayed on Folly Beach Island, with 400 that refused to evacuate.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-09-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Allowed this off-topic thread as an exception, because of the very real possibility of devastation which could have included stories of RKBA in South Carolina.

That need has passed sooo...

Locking this off-topic thread.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-09-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.