Thread: Carrying in GA Churches (North Point)

Campaign Veteran

Carrying in GA Churches (North Point)

I'm from AL and there are no laws against carrying in churches here. How do you know if the "governing body" of a GA church has elected to allow carry per GA law? Is it the absence of "No Guns" signs? Do they post "Guns Welcome" signs? Does anyone here know if North Point Church in Alpharetta, GA prohibits carry? Thanks!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'm from AL and there are no laws against carrying in churches here. How do you know if the "governing body" of a GA church has elected to allow carry per GA law? Is it the absence of "No Guns" signs? Do they post "Guns Welcome" signs? Does anyone here know if North Point Church in Alpharetta, GA prohibits carry? Thanks!
    I have no direct response to the specific church's rules.

I conceal carry in churches so as to not to distract from the primary purpose for which people attend. Presuming that I CC well, no one will know.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/us/geo...ill/index.html

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...week/38587.htm
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I spent a few minutes trying to find NPC's stance on guns. They are not mentioned in NPC's on-line presence, even to doing a site-wide external search.
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I spent a few minutes trying to find NPC's stance on guns. They are not mentioned in NPC's on-line presence, even to doing a site-wide external search.
    Thanks, I had searched their site as well and could find nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

I conceal carry in churches so as to not to distract from the primary purpose for which people attend. Presuming that I CC well, no one will know.
    <snip>]
    God knows and has not struck you down for carrying ... so you got that going for ya

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    God knows and has not struck you down for carrying ... so you got that going for ya
    People here generally dig their own hole. Wouldn't you agree?

Speaking of which, you have a PM in your box.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Basically prohibited unless specifically permitted. Vast majority of churches in Ga are not firearm friendly.

For more info click and research on the link below. Top one is best.

Nemo

http://www.georgiacarry.org/

and

http://www.georgiapacking.org/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    Basically prohibited unless specifically permitted.
    Stipulated by OPie in his OP.
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

fire arms in church

I am a member of church in Seattle. I always conceal carry. Only 2 people know about it. One lady said why to you feel the need to carry a gun here? The other guy said good idea I will carry also and am sure the pastor thinks its a good idea. Up here in Washington state we call Seattle "the belly of the beast". However thanks to the brave members of OC.ORG open carry has become a non issue now.