Thread: FactCheck; D Candidate Kaine fails. "I'm 2A supporter, but ... "

FactCheck; D Candidate Kaine fails. "I'm 2A supporter, but ... "

I’m a gun owner, I’m a strong Second Amendment supporter, but I’ve got a lot of scar tissue because when I was governor of Virginia there was a horrible shooting at Virginia Tech. And we learned that, through that painful situation, that gaps in the background record system should have been closed and that could have prevented that crime. So we’re going work to do things like close background record checks and if we do, we won’t have the tragedies that we did.
    An ambiguous point in Kaine’s statement needs to be clarified and an inaccuracy needs to be addressed.

The ambiguity that needs clarification is the fact that the Virginia Tech gunman passed a background check for his gun–background checks were in place and the gunman submitted to one to get the firearm he used to kill innocents in the Virginia Tech gun-free zone. The inaccuracy that needs to be corrected is Kaine’s intimation that there are loopholes in the background check system that need to be closed in order to prevent “tragedies” from occurring.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itbart+News%29
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    I believe Kaine's family history would reveal that the true spelling of his name is Cain. But, what's in a name?

The continued tolerance, even success, of the Manchurian Senator suggests nothing matters very much any more, not name, not record and not the un-record.

Banned
    What needs to be done is to eliminate all the laws that try to crush our natural rights ... including all gun laws.

He's a lizzurd.

Gun owner and strong 2nd supporter Kane states he is. He also says Heller decision was was the correct ruling, and his running mate says it was the wrong one, and yet he's always in front advocating for tougher gun control. What a typical politician paying both sides of the vote.

Kane should open his safe so the American people can see what type and how many firearms he owns. I'm sure he would completely honest in his disclosure. Right!
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Been saying for years, Kaine ain't Able.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    An ambiguous point in Kaine’s statement needs to be clarified and an inaccuracy needs to be addressed.

The ambiguity that needs clarification is the fact that the Virginia Tech gunman passed a background check for his gun–background checks were in place and the gunman submitted to one to get the firearm he used to kill innocents in the Virginia Tech gun-free zone. The inaccuracy that needs to be corrected is Kaine’s intimation that there are loopholes in the background check system that need to be closed in order to prevent “tragedies” from occurring.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itbart+News%29
    Oh, I disagree.

He's a politician. Any ambiguity can be held to be very likely deliberate. He had every opportunity to speak unambiguously. You can bet your mortgage payment that when he really does support something, for example higher taxes or free social programs, that he speaks unambiguously. He is totally capable of speaking unambiguously when it is something he genuinely supports. If he is ambiguous about something--like the 2nd Amendment, for instance--you are well with reason to assume he is lying.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-05-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Saw a publicity photo of Kaine today, holding a 12 gauge over/under shotgun. He was squinting down the top of the rib with his right eye. Left eye was completely shut. Unless somebody has vision issues both eyes should stay open to track not only the bead/sight plane but also target movement. It looked like he was trying to aim a precision rifle with peep sights.

Banned
    "I'm pro-gun ! LOOK, I own a shotgun" [stomping sounds follow]

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    "I'm pro-gun ! LOOK, I own a shotgun" [stomping sounds follow]
    Got pics or it didn't happen. LOL

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I saw it. I imagined the photographer shouting in the background, "No, both eyes can't be shut! It won't hurt you. Look."

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I saw it. I imagined the photographer shouting in the background, "No, both eyes can't be shut! It won't hurt you. Look."
    You weren't the one quoted or challenged. Nor do you seem to be the one making unsubstantiated claims

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Politicians, lawyers, successful business people, all tend to be ambiguous on one subject or another.. It is simply their nature.

Harken back to 1787 an think "Slavery".

If you were a slave owner in 1787 and you believed you had a natural God given right to possess slaves as "property" and some bureaucrats were meeting in Philadelphia to possibility strip you of your so-called right, you probably would find fault or ambiguities with whatever they espouse on the subject.. Also keep in mind that " Slavery" was the elephant in the room circa 1787.. Today the 2nd Amendment has been established by the Constitution and all the BS/ ambiguities on the subject will never remove said amendment.. In 1787 people in the US did not have a natural right to possess slaves however we do in fact have a natural right to "keep an bear arms" in the 21st century...

We need not be ignorant, no politician can take our guns away.. The 2nd amendment shall not be "infringed"..

There are more importance issues that need addressing..

My .02
    Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Saw a publicity photo of Kaine today, holding a 12 gauge over/under shotgun. He was squinting down the top of the rib with his right eye. Left eye was completely shut. Unless somebody has vision issues both eyes should stay open to track not only the bead/sight plane but also target movement. It looked like he was trying to aim a precision rifle with peep sights.
    He is left handed, but right eye dominant. Or you could say he is not a straight shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Politicians, lawyers, successful business people, all tend to be ambiguous on one subject or another.. It is simply their nature.

Harken back to 1787 an think "Slavery".

If you were a slave owner in 1787 and you believed you had a natural God given right to possess slaves as "property" and some bureaucrats were meeting in Philadelphia to possibility strip you of your so-called right, you probably would find fault or ambiguities with whatever they espouse on the subject.. Also keep in mind that " Slavery" was the elephant in the room circa 1787.. Today the 2nd Amendment has been established by the Constitution and all the BS/ ambiguities on the subject will never remove said amendment.. In 1787 people in the US did not have a natural right to possess slaves however we do in fact have a natural right to "keep an bear arms" in the 21st century...

We need not be ignorant, no politician can take our guns away.. The 2nd amendment shall not be "infringed"..

There are more importance issues that need addressing..

My .02
    Regards
    CCJ
    The 2A has been under attack for a long time with the progressive left. Even if they cant take away the 2A, they sure would like to, and why do you think that is? Power!! they want total power and I will NEVER vote for someone who is that evil. They lie and they keep trying. God help us if that treasonist witch gets to pick a new supreme Ct Judge.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    The 2A has been under attack for a long time with the progressive left. Even if they cant take away the 2A, they sure would like to, and why do you think that is? Power!! they want total power and I will NEVER vote for someone who is that evil. They lie and they keep trying. God help us if that treasonist witch gets to pick a new supreme Ct Judge.
    Still has to be approved by the Senate - making any election for your senators pointedly more important.

"Elections to the U.S. Senate will be held on November 8, 2016. A total of 34 of the 100 seats are up for regular election. Special elections will be held to fill vacancies that occur in the 114th Congress. Those elected to the U.S. Senate in the 34 regular elections on November 8, 2016, will begin their six-year terms on January 3, 2017."

"Control of the Senate is up for grabs again in 2016. In order to take the chamber back, Democrats will need to gain five seats in 2016, a difficult task. The majority of seats up for election are held by Republican incumbents, many of whom are freshmen who were swept into office in the Republican wave of 2010. Additionally, the Senate election coincides with a presidential election, which should be a boon to Democratic candidates. Democrats have made gains in the Senate in the last two presidential elections, while they have suffered losses in the years between. However, Democratic gains are far from certain."

https://ballotpedia.org/United_State...lections,_2016

U.S. Senate Partisan Breakdown
    Party As of October 2016 After the 2016 Election
    Democratic Party 44 Pending
    Republican Party 54 Pending
    Independent 2 Pending
    Total 100 100

Five or six Republican losses would yield a Democratic senate , especially as the Independents tend to vote with the Democrats.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-09-2016 at 05:22 PM. Reason: fixed and added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.