• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defending the Undefendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryclubjoe

" I am like many others, almost in despair for the Great Republic". Harriet Martineau

Regards
CCJ

Fallschirjmäger

Some people post because they have something to say, others post sophomoric banter (in their own words), just because they get a perverse kick out of the controversy it causes.

I'm not taking anyone who's here just to enjoy 'sophomoric banter' seriously.

countryclubjoe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Good grief!
Out of the 10 posts on this page (to here), FIVE of them are "Jerky Joe's"!!
He just has to dominate the discussion with multiple posts!
I joined three years before he did yet he has posted over twice as many times, most of them being arguments with other posters and NOT related to the main topic!

I shall except the jerky joe moniker, I have been titled worse, however, please do not anger yourself, when I reply in kind..

Your mud slinging is noted, however it shall not go without confutation.

Be advised accordingly.

CCJ

WalkingWolf

The personal insults in this thread are noted. Does someone need a timeout?

I agree Grape, but it is not just name calling, it is the inciting or discord that has become daily. It is the same old routine over, and over again. We need a rest from politics, the election is over. I am tired of walking on broken glass from the spite, and I am sure I am not the only one.

Maybe limit social lounge, and politics to issues ONLY pertaining to open carry might help, at least temporarily.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I agree Grape, but it is not just name calling, it is the inciting or discord that has become daily. It is the same old routine over, and over again. We need a rest from politics, the election is over. I am tired of walking on broken glass from the spite, and I am sure I am not the only one.

Maybe limit social lounge, and politics to issues ONLY pertaining to open carry might help, at least temporarily.

Agree. I have often considered the Social Lounge to be an oxymoron comprising a vast wasteland of mis-applied bandwidth, taken over by agenda-driven liberals. I thought we had seen the last of McBeth, but it seems he has more lives -- and names -- than the proverbial cat.

countryclubjoe

Agree. I have often considered the Social Lounge to be an oxymoron comprising a vast wasteland of mis-applied bandwidth, taken over by agenda-driven liberals. I thought we had seen the last of McBeth, but it seems he has more lives -- and names -- than the proverbial cat.

I actually believed that " McBeth" was more liberty-minded then most folks here, including you JamesCanby.

My .02
CCJ

countryclubjoe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Good grief!
Out of the 10 posts on this page (to here), FIVE of them are "Jerky Joe's"!!
He just has to dominate the discussion with multiple posts!
I joined three years before he did yet he has posted over twice as many times, most of them being arguments with other posters and NOT related to the main topic!

Are you stating that you read all of my 2431.00 post? Wow I didn't know I had a fan.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

If the person who believes they are legend in their own mind are not heard because they are obnoxious. How smart are they?

How would one know of another's odious demeanor, without hearing thereof?. As for being smart, "the trick to being smart is knowing when to play dumb', aka a " crypto-intellectual.. Mr. Conjecture, have no fear, you shall never be accused of being a " crypto-intellectual, nor will you ever need to play dumb.. Please be advised, your invidious comments towards me, shall be answered with extreme confutation. You enjoy expounding condemnation, now let's observe how well you accept said condemnation..

I prefer conviviality over your impertinence, you Sir, can pick your poison.

I'm your Huckleberry!

CCJ

countryclubjoe

I have no sympathy for Sean Spicer, But I must say, he does have the toughest job on the planet for obvious reasons..

Your thoughts?

My .02

Regards
CCJ

utbagpiper

Banned
Your thoughts?

I think this thread was a train wreck from the beginning. Even in the social lounge, a topic whose only possible effect is to divide us, create animosity, and prevent any ability to work together on RKBA is wholly counter-productive.

Who needs enemies when we have agent provocateurs among us encouraging the circular firing squad?

But I guess click bait works for some.

countryclubjoe

How does a topic divide people? If we all thought the same way, the world would be a boring horrible place..

I may prefer Smith and Wesson, you Glock, I see no divide in our different choice of guns, nor do I see any divide in our different choice of Government employees. It is difference of opinions that make us wiser.

Charles, I am starting to see a pattern of you caviling on many of my post, I may not agree with all your ideologies but I truly respect them.
I only ask for the same respect in return. Your trifling confutation on many of my hypothesis are stating to appear conscientiously unscrupulous.

The only division here on this thread is from those afraid of the "truth".. Are you afraid of the truth?.

My .02
CCJ

Maverick9

I had forgotten there was an 'Ignore' function. It's much better now.

If we all put that "certain user" on that list, now that would be nice.

Last edited:

CJ4wd

I had forgotten there was an 'Ignore' function. It's much better now.

If we all put that "certain user" on that list, now that would be nice.

Good point Maverick. It is amazing that doing so not only tones down the rhetoric but shortens the length of the pages. :lol:
It may be that it is a desire to increase "post counts" that drive some people to post intemperate comments. :rolleyes:

utbagpiper

Banned
Charles, I am starting to see a pattern of you caviling on many of my post, I may not agree with all your ideologies but I truly respect them.
I only ask for the same respect in return. Your trifling confutation on many of my hypothesis are stating to appear conscientiously unscrupulous.

The only division here on this thread is from those afraid of the "truth".. Are you afraid of the truth?.

You using the word "truth" doesn't make your opinions the truth. This thread started with a childish tantrum over Trump's comments about gold digging women letting rich and famous men have their way with them. However impolitic his comments, I haven't heard anyone actually refute the truth those comments conveyed. Being offended over the 10 year old use of words that most men use in private at one time or another while ignoring the truth conveyed by words, even as one stands on a soapbox claiming to be the only purveyor of truth is a special kind of double or triple hypocrisy. Truth is, most men have had at least one woman in his life who has let him touch her intimately. Nice girls do so inside marriage because of love. Naughty girls are more open. Prostitutes are honest about doing it for monetary reward. Gold diggers are just less honest hookers.

I'm not sure how one trifles in a forceful manner, but if using your thesaurus makes you think your posts carry more gravitas go for it.

There is nothing trifling about glaring contradictions in your positions. Me asking polite, short questions to try to clarify those contradictions are neither trifling or unscrupulous.

You can't claim to own yourself when you don't want interference in your life, but then turn around and lay some obligation to save you from stupid decisions like ODing on opioids when that is helpful. If you own yourself, you own yourself and you own your decisions and the resultant consequences. If, however, one's neighbors have some right or responsibility to save him from his stupidity with drug use, then those neighbors can just as easily claim a right to save him from his lack of financial planning (forcing him to pay into a national retirement Ponzi scheme or forcing him to buy health insurance), his failure to properly protect his life (by imposing seat belt and helmet laws), his lack of self control that leads to contracting deadly STDs (perhaps by outlawing prostitution or homosexual sodomy).

You degrade those who don't join you in refusing to get a driver license, yet you refuse to provide any actionable information on how to go about that while still operating a motor vehicle without serious risk of fines or jail.

The only one who seems to be afraid of the truth is you, sir. If you don't can't handle the truth, rethink your posting content and style.

Status
Not open for further replies.