• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billionaires Buying the Laws They Want- They’ve done it before!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Rich people ARE different. When public opinion is against them, they simply buy the public policy they want. These people will make the rules for us if gun owners don’t speak up."

"A longer version of this article, originally appeared in The Blaze under the title, “Not your Momma’s Free Market and is reprinted with their permission. By Jennifer Roback Morse."

"I recently attended the Gun Rights Policy Conference with my husband. I learned that the gun rights movement is dealing with the same problem I’ve dealt with as a social conservative. Billionaire Michael Bloomberg is the Sugar Daddy of the campaign to disarm law-abiding citizens. In social conservatism, we have Warren Buffett and George Soros and others to deal with. Maybe the pro-Second Amendment, pro-citizen self-defense movement should team up with the pro-life, pro-family movement."

https://slowfacts.wordpress.com/201...ing-the-laws-they-want-theyve-done-it-before/