Thread: Donald Trump Isnít Your Daddy, And He Canít Fix Whatís Broken In America. Long

Donald Trump Isnít Your Daddy, And He Canít Fix Whatís Broken In America. Long

The title is the teaser FUQ to lead the horses here to water to drink deeply and think.

The long essay is from July 2016, not a hundred days of political evolution have passed.

Here's a FUQ from 3/4 through:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Donovan
    Freedom’s just a feel-good buzzword. Americans are more closely watched and regulated than they ever were under British rule—and the system of regulations and surveillance will only increase no matter who is president.

Hey, old guys—do you remember that time in your life when the amount of laws and rules and regulations the government imposes on you actually decreased?

Yeah, I didn’t think so.
    http://www.jack-donovan.com/axis/201...a-great-again/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Donovan
    Both true believers and dispossessed supporters of trolldom marvel together at Trump’s cavalier refusal to be cowed by politically correct cry-bullies, social justice warriors and progressive church ladies. He’s been equally dismissive of the humorless prudes and the pudgy neocon war pigs who have dominated the Republican party. Scorned and bitchy, they’re still trying to find a way to push him out and replace him with another guaranteed loser like Ted Cruz.

Trump says, or seems to say, the kinds of things that keyboard truth-tellers have been typing furiously through their painfully witty pseudonyms for years. He frustrates the establishment’s liars and hypocrites by paying them no mind. He breaks the rules. He controls and re-frames every discussion. He’s the ultimate player, and he’s playing everyone like a boss.[my emphasis]
    The essay was reposted with pithy graphics

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BlxCkEvUC...he%2BTroll.jpg

http://alternative-right.blogspot.co...d-he.html#more
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-10-2016 at 06:23 AM.
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    I believe we are the the oldest democracy to ever exist. Maybe because it is what never has existed before, a republican form of democracy. Nothing lasts forever. And I believe this country is at a precipice. I think Trump is the right guy at the right time. Is he the antichrist? That I don't know, but I do know Hillary is the devil.

My Icelander neighbors, here in one of the largest ethnic Icelandic communities in America, claim their AlĢingi - althing as the oldest modern form of representative democracy. The Tynwald Tinvaal of the nearby Isle of Mann claims to be the oldest continuous representative legislature.

Both quibble about years among 1,000 years.

The Ancient Greeks are often credited with inventing/practicing the earliest democratia, but only the elites were enfranchised. The demos, the vulgar common folk elected from among themselves by a lottery of volunteers quite similar to our jury selection system. The key words are demarchy, sortition, pinakia and kloterion.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-10-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    There is a great difference between a parliamentary form of government and a republican form of government.

There is a great difference between the early conception of δημοκρατία or "rule of the vulgar" in Classical Greece, with political representatives chosen by lot (as in a jury) from amongst the male citizens, and modern "rule of the majority" from among the nearly universally enfranchised.

The problem is that a premise statement that presumes a few meanings is followed by even wilder presumptions that lose the focus of the premise. The premise is the exercise of democracy, of which there are as many variations as there are hair splitting-knives.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-10-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    My Icelander neighbors, here in one of the largest ethnic Icelandic communities in America, claim their AlĢingi - althing as the oldest modern form of representative democracy. The Tynwald Tinvaal of the nearby Isle of Mann claims to be the oldest continuous representative legislature.

The Ancient Greeks are often credited with inventing/practicing the earliest democratia, but only the elites were enfranchised. The demos, the vulgar common folk elected from among themselves by a lottery of volunteers quite similar to our jury selection system. The key words are demarchy, sortition, pinakia and kloterion.
    Dammit! I've worn out more dictionaries because of you, Stealthy, and SVG. Are you sure you guys don't own stock in Websters?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

<chuckle> I was gonna say the Roman Republic lasted a good 350 years before things fell apart and turned into rule by emperors. Clearly the Icelanders and Isle of Mann beat that by a wide margin.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Perhaps a demonstration of the efficacy of a small government in a small community of a traditional culture.

Elsewhere on this topic I cited my appreciation of Ferdinand TŲennies' Gemeinschaft und Geschellschaft, translated as 'Community and Civil Government', and of Atlas Shrugged.

Tangentially, Ayn Rand is mentioned among the ancestors of the Alternative Right.\

Even more tangentially, it was through the made for TV series Islands at War, illustrating the response of a small culture to the stress of Nazi occupation, that I discovered a favorite actor and musician Laurence Fox.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-10-2016 at 08:18 PM.

We are a Republic Represented Democracy.. Even if one choses not to be Governed. We have so many quasi-laws created by so called representatives hence we a Represented Democracy.. It appears public liberty trumps individual liberty.

See Tocqueville " Democracy In America".. Volume 1 and 2.

My .02
    Last edited by countryclubjoe; 10-10-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    " What is done unto anyone may be done unto everyone" John Lilburne

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    --snipped--
    ..........that I discovered a favorite actor and musician Laurence Fox.
    you must live on a far distant island to have not found him before this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Fox
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Democracy in America, Vols 1 & 2

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/815.txt.utf-8

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/816

Eight hundred pages is hardly a precise citation. One may find the foundations of my thought and writing in The Great Books of The Western World, maybe a million pages, much in the public domain.

One thing I think we should do is end the franchise. In order to vote one should be at least 21 years old and be financially independent. Additionally, there should be tests on history and basic law, the constitution, bill of rights, etc.

The Amerikan voter is more akin to a dog than a man when it comes to political matters and I don't think it's much of an exaggeration. The last time there was anyone worth voting for at the national level was Ron Paul. Boobus's eyes glossed over when he expounded on any economic principles for more than 30 seconds. If it doesn't have anything to do with their work or play or entertainment, Boobus has about a 20 second attention span, max. The fact that someone like Hitlery Klinton could even be in the running for dear leader means that Boobus is completely unfit to have any say in political matters.

And Trump can't save you. It is a trustworthy saying that if voting changed anything, it would be made illegal. Indeed, in the slave/prison colony of Australia it is illegal not to vote. But if you must vote, vote Trump. I want to watch the lamestream media sh it their pants.
    ďIf the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? Ē -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    [ ... ]But if you must vote, vote Trump. I want to watch the lamestream media sh it their pants.
    Locally we enjoy a traditional homemade board game with various names, but I like Uff-da best, translated Oy-veh. I try to explain strategy with position point value and the value of the cards directing moves.

The Jokers are wild and their value is best estimated by how loudly the opponents squeal. TRUMP's opponents are squealing ever more loudly. Now we need Dueling Banjos from Deliverance playing in the background. "Squeal sow-piggy squeal!"

I would be happy with just the living, citizens voting one time each election.

Talked to a friend from Honduras, there to vote they must have ID, dip their finger in a ID liquid each time. If their finger shows under black light they have already voted they are turned away. Of course here in the US that would be called voter disenfranchised.
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    I never referred to you or anyone else as a shoeshine boy... I simply told you to "go get your shine box'. Not a racial statement whatsoever..-snip-
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    -snip- My offer still stands, if you want to do an honest days work, I will send you my antique shine box..

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    uh, that ethnic slur is even beneath your intellect...you have been listening to too many of trumps sound bites...

ipse
    TRUMP u snowflake.

There is no purple ethnicity, same as there is no green frog culture.

I listen to almost nothing, even gave up the local pissant for his unbalanced gibbering.