Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Greater RVA OC breakfast Sat, October 15th

Greater RVA OC breakfast Sat, October 15th at 8:30 AM

Rise and Shine Diner
    Atlee Shopping Center
    10372 Leadbetter Rd.......... Directions
    Ashland, Va.
    23005-3420

This restaurant seems to have won the #1 spot award for the best food, service, and prices + they are super supportive of RKBA.

Our out of town guest from NC who had to cancel last time we scheduled here has assured me that unless there is a blizzard that day, he will make the trip.

He said he has been taking cold showers......I don't want to know why.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-16-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: removed exclamation mark
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

DoubleTap said that she will be riding shotgun in my personnel transport device to this breakfast.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    DoubleTap said that she will be riding shotgun in my personnel transport device to this breakfast.

someone intelligent to chat with over breakfast... whew...worried what i was going to do during breakfast...

ran to goldsboro via newton grove via country roads around sink hole, to smithfield, to goldsboro...total of 62 miles...returned same route...town is flooded out and for all intents and purposes economically devastated due to no food stuffs in the grocerys or restaurants, and multiple places closed because employees can't get to work...

will be an interesting drive Saturday.

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    someone intelligent to chat with over breakfast... whew...worried what i was going to do during breakfast...

ran to goldsboro via newton grove via country roads around sink hole, to smithfield, to goldsboro...total of 62 miles...returned same route...town is flooded out and for all intents and purposes economically devastated due to no food stuffs in the grocerys or restaurants, and multiple places closed because employees can't get to work...

will be an interesting drive Saturday.

ipse
    I used to live and work in NC - Raleigh, Charlotte, Durham/Chapel Hill, Goldsboro and even familiar with Fuqua-Varina.

I remember that Goldsboro had a very deep and wide flood water drainage canal running through it - problem was it brought water to areas not prepared to handle the overflow when that occurred.

Might run a little late, have to drop Logan off somewhere on the way, but save a seat at the table for me
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?