Thread: curfew clarification?

curfew clarification?

quote:
    § 166A-19.31. Power of municipalities and counties to enact ordinances to deal with states of emergency.
    (a) not germane
    (b) Type of Prohibitions and Restrictions Authorized. - The ordinances authorized by this section may permit prohibitions and restrictions:
    (1) Of movements of people in public places, including imposing a curfew; directing and compelling the voluntary or mandatory evacuation of all or part of the population from any stricken or threatened area within the governing body's jurisdiction; prescribing routes, modes of transportation, and destinations in connection with evacuation; and controlling ingress and egress of an emergency area, and the movement of persons within the area. unquote
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedl...pter_166a.html

understood state lost the ability in 2012to bar citizens from their legally carried firearms.

my question centers around curfew policies yet i am unable to find any criteria in NC state statutes regarding governance...this from local newspaper...

quote:
    Curfew exceptions:

All employees who are in their official capacity during the curfew hours;
    All other law enforcement or other government or service providers responding in their official capacities;
    Those who appearance is essential to obtain or furnish a service or commodity which is immediately necessary to sustain the health or well-being of themselves or someone within the curfew area; and
    Those whose appearance necessarily occurs in the process of leaving a place at which they were temporarily engaged and for which they could not reasonably have planned their department so as to avoid appearing during the period which the curfew as applicable. unquote
    http://goldsborodailynews.com/blog/2...ernor-mccrory/

insight...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-11-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    This may be what you are seeking:

North Carolina Emergency Management Act

Also I Think applicable:
    Riots, Civil Disorders, and Emergencies.
    http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislat...ticle_36A.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    quote:
    § 166A-19.31. Power of municipalities and counties to enact ordinances to deal with states of emergency.
    (a) not germane
    (b) Type of Prohibitions and Restrictions Authorized. - The ordinances authorized by this section may permit prohibitions and restrictions:
    (1) Of movements of people in public places, including imposing a curfew; directing and compelling the voluntary or mandatory evacuation of all or part of the population from any stricken or threatened area within the governing body's jurisdiction; prescribing routes, modes of transportation, and destinations in connection with evacuation; and controlling ingress and egress of an emergency area, and the movement of persons within the area. unquote

understood state lost the ability in 2012to bar citizens from their legally carried firearms.

my question centers around curfew policies yet i am unable to find any criteria in NC state statutes regarding governance...this from local newspaper...

quote:
    Curfew exceptions:

All employees who are in their official capacity during the curfew hours;
    All other law enforcement or other government or service providers responding in their official capacities;
    Those who appearance is essential to obtain or furnish a service or commodity which is immediately necessary to sustain the health or well-being of themselves or someone within the curfew area; and
    Those whose appearance necessarily occurs in the process of leaving a place at which they were temporarily engaged and for which they could not reasonably have planned their department so as to avoid appearing during the period which the curfew as applicable. unquote

http://goldsborodailynews.com/blog/2...ernor-mccrory/

insight...

ipse
    Interesting topic Sir, what actually constitutes a state of emergency, and what authority authorized said emergency and does a states quasi authority trump(for lack of a better word) the Constitution? It would appear in modern society that "public liberty trumps 'individual liberty".. Folks today are more concerned with being protected by their Government, than concerning themselves with their own liberty.. I have never heard a government say, we are doing this or that for your liberty, however they constantly say, we are doing this or that for your own SAFETY.. Most folks know the meaning of safety however most would not know the meaning of "Liberty".

My .02
    Regards
    CCJ
    " What is done unto anyone may be done unto everyone" John Lilburne

3 Oct 16, quote: Governor McCrory this afternoon declared a state of emergency for 66 counties to facilitate the movement of any resources that may be needed to respond to the storm. It also waives truck weight, size and hours of service restrictions so that farmers can quickly harvest their crops before the storm hits. unquote

this was the NC's Governor SoE before Matthew hit...to help farmers...period!

btw, thinking about it there is no methodology noted to advise citizens of SoE additions or curfew mandates ~ as power was out and so forth in this region...now cell phones now get pushed automated nws broadcasts wonder why the emergency management doesnt do the same for these 'important' notices for its citizens?

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain