• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yakima OC Report

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Since I have moved to Yakima....

A posting of OC in and around Yakima, Yakima Co., Selah, Moxee and beyond......

Last weekend I carried without incident in Lowe's, Home Depot and the Wal Mart Super Center on Nob Hill. That Wal Mart pharmacy was held up for drugs just a few days before. I have noted that they have unarmed security stationed at each door.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Last weekend I carried without incident in Lowe's, Home Depot and the Wal Mart Super Center on Nob Hill. That Wal Mart pharmacy was held up for drugs just a few days before. I have noted that they have unarmed security stationed at each door.
Doesn't that just make you feel super safe.......not.

Think that they are but paid observers and part of a low level security theater.

mnrobitaille

Yakima's known to have a bit of a gang problem. If you get the chance, there in Yakima going towards Naches is The Range.

I've noticed lately a hightened security presence at all the Walmarts in the area (Yakima, Sunnyside, Pasco, Richland, Kennewick.....).

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yakima's known to have a bit of a gang problem. If you get the chance, there in Yakima going towards Naches is The Range.

I've noticed lately a hightened security presence at all the Walmarts in the area (Yakima, Sunnyside, Pasco, Richland, Kennewick.....).

A gang problem you say? You mean like federal way, Seattle, Tacoma?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EMNofSeattle

I doubt you'll find much opposition to OC in Yakima County.

The only place though I've OC'd there is the Starbucks in Prosser.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Got my haircut on Sunday. There is a sport clips just down the road, went in and put my name down and waited about 10 min in the lobby. Then got my haircut. The girls were great and no one even mentioned my Sig P239.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Let's see...

Had the day off yesterday and was out and about...

Antique and Fruit Stand in Selah, a little coffee house for lunch in Selah. Several other Antique stores on Yakima Ave. Salvation Army, Goodwill, Walgreens, Home Depot, Lowe's, Bank of America.....

So far nothing said.

mnrobitaille

I doubt you'll find much opposition to OC in Yakima County.

The only place though I've OC'd there is the Starbucks in Prosser.

Prosser is not within Yakima County, but is technically the County Seat of Benton County.

You have to be a bit careful in Yakima County, as some of it lies within the Yakama Nation, & not all tribes will recognize RKBA unless you apply for a Tribal CPL.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Had a surprise open carrier in the store today!
Ok, it wasn't a surprise and I know this OCer... OldGutshotWilly!

He was in town on some family business and stopped in for a nice chat.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Over the holiday weekend and today, I have had 4 OCers in the store (Harbor Freight). I have not personally known any of the customers. They have done their shopping and gone on their way. Very cool to see OC normalized.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yakima County Auditor's office:

Rene and I went in to get our passports. The auditor's office is in the Courthouse building. And they do security screening at the main entrance to the building. I wish they didn't and just did the minimum to protect the courtroom's, but alas they do not.

First entrance into the building with Rene and her son Logan, I left the Sig in the Jeep in the safe. However, I forgot to leave my pocket knife and util-key in the Jeep. So I asked if they were able to check it. Two private security were working the metal detectors and they quickly responded no problem. They pointed over to the lockers, so I asked if about their firearm check in procedure. They didn't blink and eye and said that would be no problem as well. I said thanks and next time I'll check it as they seemed very versed about checking items and were not stand offish or troublesome in any way. While emptying my pockets one armed and private security officer noticed my challenge coin (I Love Guns and Coffee) and commented.

We made our way to the auditor's office, took a number and waited. We were called within about 5 minutes and connected with one of the gals that does passports. She looked over our paperwork then realized we don't have pictures. I stated that their website informed me that they took pictures for a fee, she agreed but let us know that their printer was not working. Ugh, so we opted to drive to Walgreen's down the road and get our pictures done. Upon exiting the building I turned in my ticket (no key :() and retrieved my pocket knives. No hassle, no problems, easy as it should be.

After getting our passport photo's we returned to the courthouse and I entered, informed of my desire to check my firearm. I was ushered over to the lockers where the older private security officer opened a locker, had me place my items inside and then gave me a ticket. He kept the key. :( We did our business in the auditor's office and left. I got back and turned in my numbered ticket whereas a completely different officer came and opened the locker for me. I took out my Sig (paddle holster) and rearmed and was on my way without any incident. Very professional and easy, great job OCDO and Yakima.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Got my haircut on Sunday. There is a sport clips just down the road, went in and put my name down and waited about 10 min in the lobby. Then got my haircut. The girls were great and no one even mentioned my Sig P239.

Probably since it is so small. :)

davidmcbeth

Banned

Rene and I went in to get our passports. The auditor's office is in the Courthouse building. And they do security screening at the main entrance to the building. I wish they didn't and just did the minimum to protect the courtroom's, but alas they do not.
<snip>.

The law is that every unwarranted search is assumed to be illegal. I don't think that just because courtrooms are in the bldg that this automatically can require a search.

You are free to sue the agency or state (if a state courthouse ... see statutes relating too suing the state; one cannot go directly to court due to immunity issues but there usually is a mechanism for seeking relief from state actions noted in the state statues).

So you can make them prove that the search was a legal search. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

Last edited:

OC Freedom

First entrance into the building with Rene and her son Logan, I left the Sig in the Jeep in the safe. However, I forgot to leave my pocket knife and util-key in the Jeep. So I asked if they were able to check it. Two private security were working the metal detectors and they quickly responded no problem. They pointed over to the lockers, so I asked if about their firearm check in procedure. They didn't blink and eye and said that would be no problem as well. I said thanks and next time I'll check it as they seemed very versed about checking items and were not stand offish or troublesome in any way. While emptying my pockets one armed and private security officer noticed my challenge coin (I Love Guns and Coffee) and commented.

We made our way to the auditor's office, took a number and waited. We were called within about 5 minutes and connected with one of the gals that does passports. She looked over our paperwork then realized we don't have pictures. I stated that their website informed me that they took pictures for a fee, she agreed but let us know that their printer was not working. Ugh, so we opted to drive to Walgreen's down the road and get our pictures done. Upon exiting the building I turned in my ticket (no key :() and retrieved my pocket knives. No hassle, no problems, easy as it should be.

After getting our passport photo's we returned to the courthouse and I entered, informed of my desire to check my firearm. I was ushered over to the lockers where the older private security officer opened a locker, had me place my items inside and then gave me a ticket. He kept the key. :( We did our business in the auditor's office and left. I got back and turned in my numbered ticket whereas a completely different officer came and opened the locker for me. I took out my Sig (paddle holster) and rearmed and was on my way without any incident. Very professional and easy, great job OCDO and Yakima.

Good job. The more folks that check their guns will only promote and normalize this activity. Normalization is the way to get the people comfortable with firearms.

phoneguy

will like to come over when the snow melts

Maybe we can have lunch I can drop in when it warms up at the pass.
I have Friends in E Berg I stay with and like to drop in and have lunch.