• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denied Background check

Todd Taulbee

I was denied gun purchase. I found that I have same name and birthday,( I was born 4/19/66, this guy was 4/19/96 ) as a convicted felon. Could that be reason I was denied, and sending in appeal form with finger prints should clear it up? Thanks

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO. Moved the thread to Florida sub-forum. Local state specific help should be forthcoming.

Meanwhile, look over the information contained in the link following:
http://www.ehow.com/how_8236705_appeal-purchase-gun-denied.html

Question - if the person with the same name is not a relative, how did you find out about him?

Did you include your social security number on the application? While it is optional when requested, that alone should solve the problem, IF the snafu is based on the wrong personal records being reviewed.