Thread: "Ain't nobody got time for this. For real!" 911 Operator charged for hang-ups

"Ain't nobody got time for this. For real!" 911 Operator charged for hang-ups

According to charge documents filed with the Harris County Court, Williams worked for the Houston Emergency Center where managers determined that she was involved in thousands of "short calls" — emergency calls that last less than 20 seconds — between Oct. 2015 and March 2016.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...allers-n665141

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tcher-faces-c/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-13-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    "Li told KPRC that if 911 is not there for you, "Nobody, nobody is going to help you. You're on your own." "

Hint: 911 will send nice men with cameras, yellow tape, pads w/pencils, but they will almost always arrive too late to save the day.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "Li told KPRC that if 911 is not there for you, "Nobody, nobody is going to help you. You're on your own." "

Hint: 911 will send nice men with cameras, yellow tape, pads w/pencils, but they will almost always arrive too late to save the day.
    QFT... In one of the calls they investigated, a guy was reporting an armed robbery. While I don't know for sure, I certainly suspect that even if his call had gone through first try and officers were dispatched immediately, there still would have been innocent blood shed (caller heard gunshots before he was even able to dial, from the sound of it.)

The truth is, you are already on your own, with 911 access or not. With quality 911 access and good officers on patrol, you just hope you survive until you're no longer on your own. It is best to be prepared for that alone time.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 10-13-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Centurion
    Certainly sounds like someone was not well suited to the demands of the job! And 'tis good that she doesn't have that responsibility anymore!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Certainly sounds like someone was not well suited to the demands of the job! And 'tis good that she doesn't have that responsibility anymore!
    sad part, the individual was on the job a year before someone noticed. doesn't say much for supervisors doing their jobs...huh!

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    sad part, the individual was on the job a year before someone noticed. doesn't say much for supervisors doing their jobs...huh!

ipse
    Maybe they were promoted to their level of incompetence.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Maybe they were promoted to their level of incompetence.
    peter principle is alive and well...

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act. Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    QFT... In one of the calls they investigated, a guy was reporting an armed robbery. While I don't know for sure, I certainly suspect that even if his call had gone through first try and officers were dispatched immediately, there still would have been innocent blood shed (caller heard gunshots before he was even able to dial, from the sound of it.)

The truth is, you are already on your own, with 911 access or not. With quality 911 access and good officers on patrol, you just hope you survive until you're no longer on your own. It is best to be prepared for that alone time.
    Most of us understand that in any given situation in which we are involved, WE are the "first responders." Calling 911 simply alerts the system that we need backup.
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 10-16-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

911 is/can be a life saver in many emergency situations.

Home defense is not one of those emergency situations.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    911 is/can be a life saver in many emergency situations. Home defense is not one of those emergency situations.
    I did ARC advanced (swimmer) lifesaving in the Sixties, certified fire control technician in California and Georgia, trained as EMT in the Eighties, 'cause I wanted to practice with Dr. Norman McSwain. I've bugged out to a community living in the Forties and Fifties.

If I thought it would make a difference I would trespass the local busy-body.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    --snipped--
    I've bugged out to a community living in the Forties and Fifties.
    You've leaped forward to the past. Nice move and well played.

You've leaped forward to the past. Nice move and well played.

accomplished w/o the delorean ~ impressive...

ipse