Thread: Gabby Giffords in Newtown Supporting Same Background Check Her Attacker Passed

Gabby Giffords in Newtown Supporting Same Background Check Her Attacker Passed

Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    This morning started out pretty good until I clicked on the link. Was it your intention to upset my day??????

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    This morning started out pretty good until I clicked on the link. Was it your intention to upset my day??????
    That is one Uugly fishwife, isn't it?
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

She did take a bullet to the head...that's gotta do something to your decision making skills.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

The only way to stop most crime is for the people to be armed. Period.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleged Gunman View Post
    The only way to stop most crime is for the people to be armed. Period.
    Don't think I agree - a gun is not a magic talisman.

There are many times where the use of force is not appropriate, especially deadly force.

CC is being armed yet nobody but you will know it......if done well.

Also, consider that a great number of crimes are perpetrated out of sight of the good people.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't think I agree - a gun is not a magic talisman.

There are many times where the use of force is not appropriate, especially deadly force.

CC is being armed yet nobody but you will know it......if done well.

Also, consider that a great number of crimes are perpetrated out of sight of the good people.
    If most people were armed, crime would be greatly reduced. Also, I did not state that a gun was a magic talisman, just that the most effective way to reduce crime is for people to be armed. As a victim of a violent armed robbery I can testify to the fact that not having a gun or means to defend myself was the most terrifying time I ever experienced. If I had been armed, at least I wouldn't have got beat down with a chain. The police are usually not around during the commission of a crime, and the people it is being perpetrated on are. Of course in reality not everyone will be armed for many different reasons, but I still think if more people were, more crime would be reduced. Just think how effective a deterrent it is when Joe bad guy reads a media story about a home invader getting shot in the head by a little old lady from Pasadena!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    n
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleged Gunman View Post
    If most people were armed, crime would be greatly reduced. Also, I did not state that a gun was a magic talisman, just that the most effective way to reduce crime is for people to be armed. As a victim of a violent armed robbery I can testify to the fact that not having a gun or means to defend myself was the most terrifying time I ever experienced. If I had been armed, at least I wouldn't have got beat down with a chain. The police are usually not around during the commission of a crime, and the people it is being perpetrated on are. Of course in reality not everyone will be armed for many different reasons, but I still think if more people were, more crime would be reduced. Just think how effective a deterrent it is when Joe bad guy reads a media story about a home invader getting shot in the head by a little old lady from Pasadena!
    I know you didn't call it a magic talisman.....I used that reference.

There is no benefit to CC short of the actual presentation, there is no deterrent w/o drawing.

OC OTOH is a visual warning and is faster to clear leather.

I will agree that more guns will equal less crime, but neither one of us can claim that as an original thought.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.