Thread: Simsbury CT Application Process input

Simsbury CT Application Process input

Hey guys i wanted to share my experience with the town of Simsbury. I have not heard anything about this town at all on this site so my input should be nice.

I handed in my application on October 5th. Everyone was very nice at the PD, no problems at all. Had everything in order, the records supervisor said 6 - 8 weeks.

Some info about me: White, mid to late 20's, clean record.

Hopefully it goes by quick, cant wait for the temp so i can run down to get my plastic. Would it be bad if i walked in to the PD at the 4 week mark or so to ask how everything is? Or is it just useless and i should let it run its course. I don't think it will go past the 8 week mark..but iv read so many horror stories on this site. Simsbury is not a large town.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Ill post back for answers or when i get the temp and someone can record the time. Thanks!

Just received my temp today 12/15/16. It took 10 weeks, 1 day.

Banned
    Just as a FYI...they could have provided you with a temp. permit on day one if they wanted to...there is not requirement that mandates that they cannot issue you a permit on day one .. the law actually says that they can issue a temp. permit while waiting for your BR chk to be completed.

And IMO, If you already own a handgun, I think that they have to issue a permit on day one.

Thx for the posts.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-16-2016 at 03:01 AM.