• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the election being rigged?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We are suffering excessive thread drift from the OP topic.

This thread is not dedicated to discussing DT.

It is about the election and whether rigging is/will be a factor.

countryclubjoe

We are suffering excessive thread drift from the OP topic.

This thread is not dedicated to discussing DT.

It is about the election and whether rigging is/will be a factor.

1- 1876-- Republican Hayes won the election however Samuel Tilden won the popular vote and had 184 electoral votes to Hayes 165...

2- 1960-- JFK defeated Nixon-- with allegations that the Chicago mob influenced the outcome of said election in Kennedy's favor...

Other accusations have occurred however no one prosecuted to the best of my knowledge.

My .02

countryclubjoe

Should Gary Johnson not win the election, I shall accuse the other party's of rigging the election however my accusations shall be based on pure conjecture and not proven evidence, that same pure conjecture shall be espoused by the other party's should their candidate lose, again, without evidence to support said accusations..

" Their is a higher percentage chance of "rigging" for lack of a better word, the outcome of the upcoming,
World Series of Baseball"..

My .02

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Should Gary Johnson not win the election, I shall accuse the other party's of rigging the election however my accusations shall be based on pure conjecture and not proven evidence, that same pure conjecture shall be espoused by the other party's should their candidate lose, again, without evidence to support said accusations..

" Their is a higher percentage chance of "rigging" for lack of a better word, the outcome of the upcoming,
World Series of Baseball"..

My .02
That has already been done = 1919, Chicago [strike]White[/strike] Black Sox.

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-130808-1919-black-sox-scandal-pictures/

Have Gun - Will Carry

Really, from your high metropolitan vantage point?

Go read knowyourmeme.com on the meaning of that website predicate above and compare that meaning to Hillary's "despicables" to know who she was addressing.

Metropolitan? Excuse me? You may be intelligent, but you are certainly clueless when it comes to my life and where I reside... I am as rural as one gets, yourself included. However, I am decidedly not as far to the right as you - I prefer a more libertarian worldview. (Which has nothing to do with the area where I live, it's an informed choice made over the course of many years.)

And I don't appreciate being told what to do, or what to read - I believe I'm a bit too old to be taking orders from a stranger on the internet! Besides, I have no desire to read about your ubiquitous memes - just not interested.