Thread: IWB for OC?

IWB for OC?

I follow some gun guys on instagram and one of them posted a picture of his shield in an IWB holster but his shirt was tucked in behind it. You could only see the grip and part of the back of the slide of the gun. Are there laws that say "x" parts of the weapon must be visible in order for it to be considered open carry?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    t t
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon223 View Post
    I follow some gun guys on instagram and one of them posted a picture of his shield in an IWB holster but his shirt was tucked in behind it. You could only see the grip and part of the back of the slide of the gun. Are there laws that say "x" parts of the weapon must be visible in order for it to be considered open carry?
    If your "gun guy" is a LEO, then other than his department's rules, he is probably exempted.

The rest of your query is state specific - it depends in which state the "guys" are located. Most states that permit OC only require that the gun is identifiable as a gun. Note other restrictions may apply.

Should you be able to determine in which state this condition is generated, I will move the thread to that state sub-forum for appropriate, applicable answers.....otherwise the answers w/o relationship to state location are pretty meaningless.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Check your state/local laws on OC.
    Here in NV it is legal to carry IWB "Virgina Tuck" style.
    Shirt pulled behind gun IWB or OWB.
    I mostly carry OWB this way.

http://www.nevadacarry.org/uploads/5...28336_orig.jpg

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RunninNGunnin View Post
    Check your state/local laws on OC.
    Here in NV it is legal to carry IWB "Virgina Tuck" style.
    Shirt pulled behind gun IWB or OWB.
    I mostly carry OWB this way.

http://www.nevadacarry.org/uploads/5...28336_orig.jpg
    Dat's it! The tuck coined in Virginia when we were fighting for CC in restaurants that served alcohol - we won.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.