• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Plastic Guns for the Snake Eaters

WalkingWolf

I was upset when Beretta got the contract decades ago, I would be equally upset if Glock got the contract. We should not be buying military equipment from outside the US.

Thundar

I was upset when Beretta got the contract decades ago, I would be equally upset if Glock got the contract. We should not be buying military equipment from outside the US.

Beretta is made in Maryland. The problem for the civilian market is that Beretta USA tried to improve the original and made longer striations on the slide to improve the grip. Tbis weaened the slide and now you have to worry about cracking. I only sell Berettas made in Italy.
SigSauer is made in Exeter, NH. Great guns worth every penny.

DeSchaine

The U.S. military has had contracts with BAE for years. Compared to that relationship, getting side arms from Glock (which has a 100,000 sq. ft. plant in Smyrna, GA) is a drop in the bucket.