• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 Days for CPL renewal

Hevymetal

Now that the state is involved in the process it sure seems to have sped things up. It only took 8 days from the time I went into the county clerks office with my CPL renewal app to when the new permit arrived in the mail. My only complaint was the app said they required 2 passport photos but when I submitted my application the clerk said if I had a drivers license they just pull the photo off of the SOS database. LOL well I guess I now have 2 photos for my passport renewal. I hope everyone else has as good of a response time.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, a renewal can generally be accomplished in less than fifteen minutes. Turn in your renewal application, plus your expiring license, they do an instant computer check on you, take your picture and print out your new license. Only costs twenty bucks.

Oh, you get to keep the "old" license as a souvenir.