• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at the polls

Wstar425

I've open carried at the polls in WI the last three or four years, maybe longer. I generally walk my dog down the Bearskin trail to the Nokomis TH, carrying a 6" 686 in a leather Hunter holster hanging on my belt. Much mention was usually made of the dog, I don't believe any mention was ever made of the firearm, tho I am pretty sure it was noticed by some. The roaming, older gentleman poll worker even came over and talked to me personally........

One of the ladies that checks your name off the list is my neighbor a couple houses down. Three years in a row she has declaired with some interest that I am her neighbor, and I'm the guy that walks the German Shepherd and carries a gun.........while I am standing across the table from her holding a leash with a dog, and carrying a gun. To which I reply, "Yes I am". Not sure if the lack of integrity, memory, or informational security should be of concern to me or not?

Polls and airports, up to the security checkpoint, are a few of the places specifically mentioned in the WI DOJ FAQ on CCL as places that are NOT restricted to firearm carry. Not sure if it is in the actual law as I've never been able to subject myself to the kind of punishment involved in reading that. Probably my bad. If your polling place was at school, police station, or other prohibited place, one would not be allowed to carry however.

This year I voted absentee as I can not be sure of will be home that day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot
So will Trump get the needed electoral college votes from PA or not?

I sure hope so:confused:.
Why the confusion?

Mr Birdman

sign

I think every one who can should go to the polls and carry a sign that says only LIVING RESIDENTS MAY VOTE HERE. :shocker:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A strangely informative if certainly slanted article about MI laws and polling places from the ever Anti Gun Mlive "reporter" Julie Mack.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/11/michigan_election_officials_br.html

Yeah, I'll be carrying on E-Day.

"Michigan allows people age 18 and older to openly carry a firearm without a permit, as long as the gun is registered in the person's name."

Really? Carrying dad's gun is not allowed?

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/11/michigan_election_officials_br.html

Mr Birdman

voting

Since the election is anticipated to be very contentious, a new rule has been put forth for the electorate. Republicans are to vote tomorrow and Democrats are to vote on Wednesday. :banana: