• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Thomas' pre-file Trinity Gay Bill

solus

your senator is uncontested but my best guess he needed some some publicity to assure his name is in front of his constituents...

reading the article there is no substance just innuendo of muble jumbo.

turn gutshot on the bloke..

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The story of Trinity Gay is a good example of 'let no (gun) tragedy go unexploited.' Had she been killed by a truck, the driver would have been blamed, but having been shot for being in the right place at the wrong time, the gun is at fault.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trinity-gay-tyson-gay-kentucky-restaurant-shooting/

"Under Senator Thomas' legislation, urban-county governments and consolidated local governments, such as Lexington and Louisville, would be granted the ability to regulate firearms by ordinance. They also would be able to regulate the manufacture, sale, purchase, taxation, transfer, ownership, possession, carrying, storage, and transportation of firearms, firearms components, ammunition, and ammunition components, as long as it does not conflict with the U.S. Constitution."
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Lexington-lawmaker-files-Trinity-Gay-Bill-to-address-gun-violence-399707271.html

Yes it is an attempt to circumvent state preemption, no it won't likely go anywhere, yes it consolidates the legislator's position as an anti-poster boy. So run someone against him. If Eric Cantor can be defeated, so can this legis-critter be replaced with someone who understands the problem.

Last edited:

Ken56

Do a Colorado on him. Recall him or at least make the effort to. Can someone explain to me why the anti crowd diminish the argument between the miss use of a vehicle and a firearm? Had she been hit by a truck you can bet that it was the driver squarely to blame while just because she was shot by a criminal thug there must be more restriction on the gun and not the criminal that pulled the trigger. I will chalk it up to liberal logic I guess.

solus

Do a Colorado on him. Recall him or at least make the effort to. Can someone explain to me why the anti crowd diminish the argument between the miss use of a vehicle and a firearm? Had she been hit by a truck you can bet that it was the driver squarely to blame while just because she was shot by a criminal thug there must be more restriction on the gun and not the criminal that pulled the trigger. I will chalk it up to liberal logic I guess.

running unopposed...

ipse