• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City park

bill.keen

Just moved to Radcliff and found this sign at the entrance to a local park. I'm gonna call the number Monday and see what's going on with it.

2bb287eb72b573bac8d94dc088e733af.jpg

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"(S) No guns or weapons will be permitted or tolerated;"

See page #12:
chapter 13: nuisances 1 - Radcliff

cityof.radcliff.org/pdf/ordinances/Chapter%2013-%20Nuisances.pdf

Radcliff - Nuisances ... Rules and Regulations for City Parks

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry, Grapeshot, I think you have a outdated version of that ordinance. If you go to the city's website and access their ordinances directly from there, you will be redirected to

http://media.wix.com/ugd/c3088c_07fa085657cc4e7093f9fb92c33e14db.pdf

which is 513 pages of the citiy's ordinances. The Parks regulations begin on page 370. On page 372 there is this:

(T) No non-firearm weapons will be permitted unless authorized by the Kentucky RevisedStatutes or other applicable law;

the bottom of the page indicates this was revised in 2015. So, it appears they don't prohibit firearms, just all other weapons. Of course, the sign is still a problem.

I defer to the master of the local lodge.

Brian D.

Is that sign under a pane of glass or anything? {Whistles, looks around, pulls bottle of White Out from pocket, looks around again.} No real reason for asking, just curious.

Brian D.

For whatever it's worth, gutshot, that was the last post from bill.keen. Two months ago. Maybe he just hasn't been to that park since and forgot about the whole thing. Of course it did bother him enough to bring it up in the first place.

I still (only half in jest) vote for White Out, then deal with the city leadership. Don't know how this goes down your way, but up here municipal law directors sometimes make themselves VERY hard to track down. And honestly, I get my best results face-to-face. I've interrupted two such LD's while they were at lunch from their REAL gigs downtown as county prosecutors. They really, really didn't like that.