• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election day stories of issues? Post them here !

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was at a polling place earlier today. For a candidate for state representative seat I saw I asked if the candidate would pledge to have the public records of the representative available to the public if the candidate won.

A refusal to answer was the response and a person tried to get in between us for further Q&A on issues. This did not work of course and I continued to query the candidate's position on issues ... non responsive on all counts. That's fine, candidates are not required to answer questions but I was letting people know who were going to vote that the candidate refused to pledge that public records should be made available to the public. Other public officials at the polling place called me names (boo hoo LOL)

But the various public officials took notice that I was providing voters records that show that another candidate refused to provide public records to the public and has also participated in secret meetings as a member of the local Bd. of Finance. People responded to this.

Another gentleman was there with a Hillary for Prison sign ... some folks complained to the voter registrar who refused to do anything to the guy and I saw the guy and a woman a few minutes later having heated words..but just words...no threats or anything.