Thread: OpenCarry here we come!!!!

OpenCarry here we come!!!!

Wouldn't that be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    Just deserts, long overdue!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-11-2016 at 11:28 AM. Reason: fixed link
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Joe N E G R O N - New Senate President

Joe N E G R O N is pro-open carry, so you can be sure there will be an honest vote in the Florida Senate with the next open carry bill.

However, some of the senators, knowing they will have to vote "yes" to keep up appearances, but at the time time being queasy with real freedom, may water it down with silly amendments banning open carry in certain places.

So basically, you could wind up with a two-tiered carry system. A list of off-limits places when carrying concealed, and a longer off-limits list when carrying openly.

I certainly hope this will not be the case, but just letting y'all know what to watch for, and to hold them to their promises to defend your rights without any such shenanigans.

Basically, open carry should be legal ANYWHERE concealed carry is legal.

Edit: the stupid editor won't let me put in his last name - it keeps changing it to African American. Arg!
    Last edited by phil1979; 11-12-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Any movement forward is good.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Any movement forward is good.
    Spoken like a true Wisconsin progressive. "Forward, willy-nilly and let the devil take the hindermost!"

In 1848, when infighting paralyzed the Democratic Party convention, Dewey emerged as a compromise candidate for governor. To nearly everyone's surprise, he won the popular election and became Wisconsin's first chief executive. Dewey's main job from 1848 to 1852 was to get the government up and running, including creating an official state seal with which to emboss legal documents.
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html
    Wisconsin is a red state after many years, let's keep it that way!
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by phil1979 View Post
    Joe N E G R O N is pro-open carry, so you can be sure there will be an honest vote in the Florida Senate with the next open carry bill.

However, some of the senators, knowing they will have to vote "yes" to keep up appearances, but at the time time being queasy with real freedom, may water it down with silly amendments banning open carry in certain places.

So basically, you could wind up with a two-tiered carry system. A list of off-limits places when carrying concealed, and a longer off-limits list when carrying openly.

I certainly hope this will not be the case, but just letting y'all know what to watch for, and to hold them to their promises to defend your rights without any such shenanigans.

Basically, open carry should be legal ANYWHERE concealed carry is legal.

Edit: the stupid editor won't let me put in his last name - it keeps changing it to African American. Arg!

thanks for the input rook.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Spoken like a true Wisconsin progressive. "Forward, willy-nilly and let the devil take the hindermost!"
    Spoken like a true all or nothing defeatist.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

OpenCarry here we come!!!!

Joe African Americann. My editor does some goofy stuff. It is not PC, just out to get me.

What are the chances of passage this next session?
    Last edited by lockman; 11-13-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    Joe African Americann. My editor does some goofy stuff. It is not PC, just out to get me.

Better chance than the Florida Supreme Court ruling in our favor IMHO. I hope I'm wrong, but I see them ruling based on feelings, not law.

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post

A clean licensed open carry bill? I'd put it at about 40%

Unfortunately, there are more than a few statist anti gun Republicans in Tallahassee.

Chances of the Fl SC giving us OC in the Norman case is about 1%
    Last edited by 77zach; 11-14-2016 at 03:31 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

Unfortunately, there are more than a few statist anti gun Republicans in Tallahassee.

Trump's chances of winning Florida were in the same realm, I believe.

Have faith and keep knocking on their door.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

This session will be the best chance yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Joseph Goebbels could have beaten shillary.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

The people that supported her, would be the same ones that would support him.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You made me shoot my drink out of my nose. That was hillarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Governor Scott saying he's not accepting a position with President elect Trumps new government, our chances for OC just went up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    Better chance than the Florida Supreme Court ruling in our favor IMHO. I hope I'm wrong, but I see them ruling based on feelings, not law.
    I'm hoping the court makes some kind of a ruling, the way I see it whatever road the court takes will help to establish "bear arms" in one form or another. The worst outcome is the OC law getting passed and the state deciding to drop charges, thus mooting the case. What a waste that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I'm hoping the court makes some kind of a ruling, the way I see it whatever road the court takes will help to establish "bear arms" in one form or another. The worst outcome is the OC law getting passed and the state deciding to drop charges, thus mooting the case. What a waste that would be.
    The next session won't close until May. I feel pretty confident the court will say or imply there is a right to bear arms, but that the privilege of purchasing and waiting for a license satisfies the right to bear arms because it's "reasonable" and that it's just the state regulating the manner of bearing them. Of course, the concealment requirement is definitely being upheld under "manner".

Fl and Ok's constitutions are very similar, Ok had a similar case and their court said that there is a right but the state can ban the right. Why? Because statism!

When you understand worldviews, you can predict civil right court cases with ease.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

Right on all counts there, Zach.