• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry here we come!!!!

phil1979

Joe N E G R O N - New Senate President

Joe N E G R O N is pro-open carry, so you can be sure there will be an honest vote in the Florida Senate with the next open carry bill.

However, some of the senators, knowing they will have to vote "yes" to keep up appearances, but at the time time being queasy with real freedom, may water it down with silly amendments banning open carry in certain places.

So basically, you could wind up with a two-tiered carry system. A list of off-limits places when carrying concealed, and a longer off-limits list when carrying openly.

I certainly hope this will not be the case, but just letting y'all know what to watch for, and to hold them to their promises to defend your rights without any such shenanigans.

Basically, open carry should be legal ANYWHERE concealed carry is legal.

Edit: the stupid editor won't let me put in his last name - it keeps changing it to African American. Arg!

Last edited:

hammer6

Joe N E G R O N is pro-open carry, so you can be sure there will be an honest vote in the Florida Senate with the next open carry bill.

However, some of the senators, knowing they will have to vote "yes" to keep up appearances, but at the time time being queasy with real freedom, may water it down with silly amendments banning open carry in certain places.

So basically, you could wind up with a two-tiered carry system. A list of off-limits places when carrying concealed, and a longer off-limits list when carrying openly.

I certainly hope this will not be the case, but just letting y'all know what to watch for, and to hold them to their promises to defend your rights without any such shenanigans.

Basically, open carry should be legal ANYWHERE concealed carry is legal.

Edit: the stupid editor won't let me put in his last name - it keeps changing it to African American. Arg!

thanks for the input rook.

lockman

State Researcher
Joe Negron. My editor does some goofy stuff. It is not PC, just out to get me.

What are the chances of passage this next session?

Last edited:

Mas49.56

Joe African Americann. My editor does some goofy stuff. It is not PC, just out to get me.

Better chance than the Florida Supreme Court ruling in our favor IMHO. I hope I'm wrong, but I see them ruling based on feelings, not law.

77zach

Joe African Americann. My editor does some goofy stuff. It is not PC, just out to get me.

A clean licensed open carry bill? I'd put it at about 40%

Unfortunately, there are more than a few statist anti gun Republicans in Tallahassee.

Chances of the Fl SC giving us OC in the Norman case is about 1%

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Unfortunately, there are more than a few statist anti gun Republicans in Tallahassee.

Trump's chances of winning Florida were in the same realm, I believe.

Have faith and keep knocking on their door.

Mas49.56

With Governor Scott saying he's not accepting a position with President elect Trumps new government, our chances for OC just went up again.

press1280

Better chance than the Florida Supreme Court ruling in our favor IMHO. I hope I'm wrong, but I see them ruling based on feelings, not law.

I'm hoping the court makes some kind of a ruling, the way I see it whatever road the court takes will help to establish "bear arms" in one form or another. The worst outcome is the OC law getting passed and the state deciding to drop charges, thus mooting the case. What a waste that would be.

77zach

I'm hoping the court makes some kind of a ruling, the way I see it whatever road the court takes will help to establish "bear arms" in one form or another. The worst outcome is the OC law getting passed and the state deciding to drop charges, thus mooting the case. What a waste that would be.
The next session won't close until May. I feel pretty confident the court will say or imply there is a right to bear arms, but that the privilege of purchasing and waiting for a license satisfies the right to bear arms because it's "reasonable" and that it's just the state regulating the manner of bearing them. Of course, the concealment requirement is definitely being upheld under "manner".

Fl and Ok's constitutions are very similar, Ok had a similar case and their court said that there is a right but the state can ban the right. Why? Because statism!

When you understand worldviews, you can predict civil right court cases with ease.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member

Right on all counts there, Zach.