• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A holster that loads rounds automatically, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longspur

Hi, been a long time reader of this forum and but only recently registered. I had this idea of a holster that loads rounds automatically and finally found a supplier to make a batch of them. This is for G19 only at the moment.

What do you guys think? thanks for your comments!

[video=youtube;bY0F3P2K2F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0F3P2K2F0[/video]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hi, been a long time reader of this forum and but only recently registered. I had this idea of a holster that loads rounds automatically and finally found a supplier to make a batch of them. This is for G19 only at the moment.

What do you guys think? thanks for your comments!
Welcome to OCDO.

I do not understand/agree with the purpose or benefit - I am not a fan of Israeli carry.

If this is something that you will be offering for sale, please note Forum Rules #10:
"WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such)."

Should you wish to become a Forum Sponsor, arrangements can be made by contacting our Administrator John Pierce by PM - then threads on your products can appear here.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I saw one awhile ago that I think the French police were using.

I guess that if one needs to be ultra safe.

But it is just one more motion one has to add to the draw stroke that adds time or that one can forget to do when the SHTF.

I seen to many people forget to chamber a round when the pressure is ramped up in training let alone in a real life and death situation.

Much better to train and train to properly handle a loaded firearm then to trust another mechanical device.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I saw one awhile ago that I think the French police were using.

I guess that if one needs to be ultra safe.

But it is just one more motion one has to add to the draw stroke that adds time or that one can forget to do when the SHTF.

I seen to many people forget to chamber a round when the pressure is ramped up in training let alone in a real life and death situation.

Much better to train and train to properly handle a loaded firearm then to trust another mechanical device.
"Safety" or the illusion of the same is a marketable commodity.

longspur

Welcome to OCDO.

"WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such)."

- sorry, I didn't mean to sell here. I only made a small quantity of these, to seek comments and suggestions. I understand people wants to carry loaded and I meant to provide an additional option with this idea.

Brian D.

Welcome longspur. It is a good sign (in my opinion) that you didn't just post and ad then "run away" never to be heard from again.

Far as your holster goes it's not for me. But I do believe there are certain limited circumstances. at least for a small subset of gun carriers, where carrying unchambered and having a quick way to load, with only the use of one hand, might have merit.

If you go through patent legalities and actually start producing these holsters (I'm assuming what's seen here is your modification of an existing holster), you think they'd be comparably priced?

Don't get me wrong here moderators/administrator: I'm not trying to buy one of these any more than longspur came on here to do commercial sales. Just some hypothetical talk.

Last edited:

longspur

Welcome longsour. It is a good sign (in my opinion) that you didn't just post and ad then "run away" never to be heard from again.

Far as your holster goes it's not for me. But I do believe there are certain limited circumstances. at least for a small subset of gun carriers, where carrying unchambered and having a quick way to load, with only the use of one hand, might have merit.

- thanks Brian. The design still functions as a normal holster that allows carry loaded. And I guess you're right that it caters for a small subset of gun carriers as an alternative. I think i saw a discussion on this forum years ago on a similar concept. I'm surprised no one is interested anymore this time around.

WalkingWolf

I believe the Spanish police use a similar system, for me it is a no go. But then I am one of those guys that just don't care how others carry, if it works for them they should follow the philosopher Nike's advice "Just do it".

davidmcbeth

Banned
My guns (most anyways) don't even have safeties ... I think it makes the user less aware.

The holster is interesting ... may get some sales out of it.

Myself, always one in the chamber. My brain is my safety and anytime I am going to brandish a gun upon an adversary, its going to be discharged.

? for OP : has this invention passed a 10,000 cycle test w/o issues?

longspur

I believe the Spanish police use a similar system, for me it is a no go. But then I am one of those guys that just don't care how others carry, if it works for them they should follow the philosopher Nike's advice "Just do it".

you're right that's what was discussed years ago here. I'm surprised why Spanish police would not simply carry loaded and it's selling for pretty deep price in Europe. I thought these types of design might appeal to casual carriers with an option to load a round quickly and discreetly at time of need.

longspur

My guns (most anyways) don't even have safeties ... I think it makes the user less aware.

The holster is interesting ... may get some sales out of it.

Myself, always one in the chamber. My brain is my safety and anytime I am going to brandish a gun upon an adversary, its going to be discharged.

? for OP : has this invention passed a 10,000 cycle test w/o issues?

Not 10K. The supplier has a machine that tested the loading/drawing hundreds of times (don't have the exact number but not 10K for sure). They also have machines to test in different temperature/humidity/salty water environment, a standard for all the holster they make. The polymer is pretty tough material.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not 10K. The supplier has a machine that tested the loading/drawing hundreds of times (don't have the exact number but not 10K for sure). They also have machines to test in different temperature/humidity/salty water environment, a standard for all the holster they make. The polymer is pretty tough material.

Hope you're selling this via a S-corporation or similar.

solus

Welcome,

Query, care to provide some background allowing you the expertise to design and build not a home project but to build multiple numbers of such a device, PE?, ME?

Appropriate, drawings designed, drawn, peer reviewed, approved?

Appropriate testing through the design, prototype build, prototype operational tests, final build, first article operational testing, then formal testing in various conditions all the while documenting, and accomplishing ECOs as appropriate under CM control throughout the entire manufacturing process!

Finally, since you have a named product, publicly produced a demo video, one presumes appropriate patents have been obtained to protect your investment and investors!

Oh wait, is this the same product citizen asked about in 1/2/13... in holsters and accessories ~ holster that racks twenty eight posts about the product.

So OP still sticking to your story you gave grape YOU just made a couple and seeking advice BS now stating "the supplier" ?

Ipse

Added... shame as loss of one's personal integrity is something that is difficult to ever recover and lowers oneself to the level of a used car salesman.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would like to hear/see the OP's explanation of how a holster he claims to have finally found a supplier to make a batch of them was posted to LiveLeak 1/1/13.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b6e_1357090174

Also, I think under the circumstances, it is time to identify the supplier/manufacturer.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would like to hear/see the OP's explanation of how a holster he claims to have finally found a supplier to make a batch of them was posted to LiveLeak 1/1/13.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b6e_1357090174

Also, I think under the circumstances, it is time to identify the supplier/manufacturer.

Clearly not the same product as the liveleaks one ... why does he need to tell anyone of his supplier/manufacturer ? That's none of my business.

I will not tell anyone of my vendors, man., etc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Clearly not the same product as the liveleaks one ... why does he need to tell anyone of his supplier/manufacturer ? That's none of my business.

I will not tell anyone of my vendors, man., etc.
Clearly it is the same in function if not precise form.

Maintaining the integrity of the forum takes many forms - this is one of those trust but confirm moments. Doubt has been created and the matter needs to be satisfied.

Last edited:

longspur

Welcome,

Query, care to provide some background allowing you the expertise to design and build not a home project but to build multiple numbers of such a device, PE?, ME?

Appropriate, drawings designed, drawn, peer reviewed, approved?

Appropriate testing through the design, prototype build, prototype operational tests, final build, first article operational testing, then formal testing in various conditions all the while documenting, and accomplishing ECOs as appropriate under CM control throughout the entire manufacturing process!

Finally, since you have a named product, publicly produced a demo video, one presumes appropriate patents have been obtained to protect your investment and investors!

Oh wait, is this the same product citizen asked about in 1/2/13... in holsters and accessories ~ holster that racks twenty eight posts about the product.

So OP still sticking to your story you gave grape YOU just made a couple and seeking advice BS now stating "the supplier" ?

Ipse

Added... shame as loss of one's personal integrity is something that is difficult to ever recover and lowers oneself to the level of a used car salesman.

I did the engineering design myself - working on it for over a year including 3D printing 3 - 4 prototypes. A Chinese holster maker was able to make the special locking mechanism and modified their existing molds to make 100 units (their minimum order quantity) for me to test the market. I did register an LLC to account for the expenses hence the name. You think I copied that Spanish design? It's apparently different from mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.