• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new way to disperse house guests

solus

bbc top news story quote, A Florida woman opened fire on her house guests because they were "too loud" and had overstayed their welcome, police say. Police say she ordered them to go, before shooting the man and woman in the legs. The victims went to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.

The suspect's boyfriend stated to investigators that he has told his girlfriend that once someone is told to leave their property three times, she is to go get the gun and shoot it at the ground.
"If that does not work, she is to shoot people in the leg." unquote

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Apparently it worked....but did she give the prerequisite triple notice and fire warning shots first? :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not the best response to unwanted guests

Florida woman shoots 'too loud' house guests
"The suspect's boyfriend stated to investigators that he has told his girlfriend that once someone is told to leave their property three times, she is to go get the gun and shoot it at the ground.

"If that does not work, she is to shoot people in the leg."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38080181

There is some poetic justice though:
...."boyfriend was struck by a bullet in the leg."

solus

Had to laugh at this. All of my house guests are ALSO armed, usually with a caliber starting with a 4. We don't seem to have any problems either.

and your guests still use the term 'Madam', Sir, or other courtesies, when addressing each other, firearms not withstanding.

ah, those were the days...

ipse

countryclubjoe

and your guests still use the term 'Madam', Sir, or other courtesies, when addressing each other, firearms not withstanding.

ah, those were the days...

ipse

Indeed, plus one million..

to wit, an armed society is a very polite society... I believe we were born 150 years to late Sir..