Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Legislative Session

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by 2OLD2W8 View Post
    It appears that the new bill as proposed leaves F.S. 790.25 (3) (h) intact and will not negatively impact OC while fishing, hunting or camping. I'll stay mum; show the nice policeman my cuban yoyo and be on my merry way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    It's always worked for me over the years.

Most times I never even have to show ID! Kind of strange, but evidently having the "Cuban rig" solves the problem of me open carrying. pretty much everywhere.
    AD
    Please tell me, and any others that, just dont know,,,
    What is a "Cuban Rig"?
    I've never heard the term before...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    What is a "Cuban Rig"?

Quote Originally Posted by 2OLD2W8 View Post
    It appears that the new bill as proposed leaves F.S. 790.25 (3) (h) intact and will not negatively impact OC while fishing, hunting or camping. I'll stay mum; show the nice policeman my cuban yoyo and be on my merry way.
    right. so your only excuse to carry without ID is if you "are or going to or from fishing", "are or going to and from hunting", or "are or going to or from shooting". so basically, all burden of proof still rests on you, the person "trying to exercise" their right to carry.
    Last edited by hammer6; 12-25-2016 at 05:10 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    right. so your only excuse to carry without ID is if you "are or going to or from fishing", "are or going to and from hunting", or "are or going to or from shooting". so basically, all burden of proof still rests on you, the person exercising their right to carry.

you mean the person telling their side of the story, eh?

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    you mean the person telling their side of the story, eh?

ipse
    i'll edit
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    What is a "Cuban Rig"?
    For awhile it was also known as a "survival" rig by the end of the world types. That and the traditional roll of fishing line wrapped around an empty plastic soda bottle.

I thought the Cuban rig was much more classy and it's only $3.00 or so at most fishing stores.

I will say that I have caught and landed a tarpon with my $4.00 rig from the beach on the north side of Boca Grande Pass by the lighthouse.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    For awhile it was also known as a "survival" rig by the end of the world types. That and the traditional roll of fishing line wrapped around an empty plastic soda bottle.

I thought the Cuban rig was much more classy and it's only $3.00 or so at most fishing stores.

I will say that I have caught and landed a tarpon with my $4.00 rig from the beach on the north side of Boca Grande Pass by the lighthouse.

AD
    Might be as cheap as full pop bottle or can depending on where you buy it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

OC bill will be heard in the Judiciary committee January 10 at 2pm.

Legislative contact: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....d-7f5e9d42eb9e

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 77zach; 01-01-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Question SB 140 - Open Carry and Prohibited Places Reform

This link
    http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....3-43dfc2e2fd85

Shows
    SB 140 - Open Carry and Prohibited Places Reform
    And show the supposed first bills of 2017.
    It has good information on the page the link brings up.

Well! I was going to post something, but it needs to go through moderation.
    And if a moderator sees this know I mistakenly posted about Florida bills in the wrong place please put it where it belongs, thanks.

--Moderator note: Done--
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-02-2017 at 07:13 AM. Reason: moved thread here

This is one of the reasons this forum kind of sucks. We already have a thread for this year's session and it's up to date. Go figure, it's called 2017 legislative session.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    This is one of the reasons this forum kind of sucks. We already have a thread for this year's session and it's up to date. Go figure, it's called 2017 legislative session.
    That isn't the fault of the forum.

The benefit/good is that someone will point out where corrective action need be.

BTW - nice attack shot.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    That isn't the fault of the forum.

The benefit/good is that someone will point out where corrective action need be.

BTW - nice attack shot.
    Not an attack on you. Wish people would read the first page to see if a topic already exists.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Not an attack on you. Wish people would read the first page to see if a topic already exists.
    The attack was against the forum.

The OP of the now merged thread is a newbie (D1KarVer) - give him time to learn the ropes.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-01-2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The attack was against the forum.

The OP of the now merged thread is a newbie (D1KarVer) - give him time to learn the ropes.

I took the comment as constructive criticism. Attack shot? LOL SMH
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Committee hearing cancelled

The meeting of the Judiciary Committee on January 10th will not take place due to Senator Garcia's absence.

The meeting of the Judiciary Committee on January 10th will not take place due to Senator Garcia's absence.
    so it begins

Garcia's absence.

and why is garcia absent??

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    and why is garcia absent??
    Don't know.

HB 6013

Representative Cord Byrd has introduced an important bill in the House, HB 6013. In the unlikely event the OC portion of SB 140 survives, current law would certainly be used by heroes in certain anti gun jurisdictions to harass law abiding gun owners exercising their rights.

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...3&Session=2017

Representative Cord Byrd has introduced an important bill in the House, HB 6013. In the unlikely event the OC portion of SB 140 survives, current law would certainly be used by heroes in certain anti gun jurisdictions to harass law abiding gun owners exercising their rights.

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...3&Session=2017
    Seems like the proposed bill is soley directed at FHP. I may have interpreted it wrong, legalese is not my first language.
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Stand your Ground

SB-128 makes it so that you're still innocent until proven guilty. The awful Fl Supreme Court twisted the "stand your ground" law a few years ago. It would have passed last year but an evil Republican chairman in the House killed it on behalf of the evil prosecutor lobby so that he could be appointed a judge this year. The NRA mounted an effort to expose the unethical behavior and he was not appointed.

SB-128 will be heard in the senate Judiciary committee on 1/24/17 in the afternoon as is expected to pass.

Still no date for the open carry bill in that same committee and no sponsor yet in the House.

Report: OC dead

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...en-carry-dead/

This is what Republicans in Florida do. New York with Palm trees. There will never be a better political climate. Time to move to a freer state if this is true.

Fl Carry statement from Facebook:

"Please be aware that a lot of statements are made in the legislative process. What is true today may not be true tomorrow. Getting mad at our friends does nothing to advance our cause. Florida Carry and NRA are successful and powerful because members like you pay attention and get active when needed, not because of the people running them. Going off half cocked based on one reporter's conversation with a legislative aide can undo a lot of work. Likewise attacking even unfriendly legislators can impair other bills. No reaction to this story is warranted at this time."
    Last edited by 77zach; 01-23-2017 at 12:59 PM.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...en-carry-dead/

This is what Republicans in Florida do. New York with Palm trees. There will never be a better political climate. Time to move to a freer state if this is true.

Fl Carry statement from Facebook:

"Please be aware that a lot of statements are made in the legislative process. What is true today may not be true tomorrow. Getting mad at our friends does nothing to advance our cause. Florida Carry and NRA are successful and powerful because members like you pay attention and get active when needed, not because of the people running them. Going off half cocked based on one reporter's conversation with a legislative aide can undo a lot of work. Likewise attacking even unfriendly legislators can impair other bills. No reaction to this story is warranted at this time."

figures.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    figures.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-life-support/

It's Garcia, at a minimum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast