• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now That Gun Control Initiative Passed in NV, What's Next?

RunninNGunnin

Each step is for your safety...:banghead:

"By overwhelmingly supporting universal background checks for firearms purchases" ??

nevada question 1 results...............
Election results

Question 1
Result Votes Percentage
Approved Yes 558,631 50.45%
No 548,732 49.55%

Election results from Nevada Secretary of State

It only passed by 9.899 votes.
I woundn't call that "overwhelming supporting"

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I find it amusing to note that most of the people who voted for the background check scheme also voted to legalize marijuana.

Marijuana use makes you a prohibited possessor.

Anyone who voted for both and uses marijuana has voted to NEVER be permitted to buy a gun.

Fallschirjmäger

BTW, since the background check scheme imposes a greater burden on certain minorities, I expect it to be struck down the first time it gets to the state Supreme Court.
What greater burden is that?
Are certain minorities asked questions that the majority are not?
Are certain minorities asked to provide any documentation that the majority are not?
Are certain minorities asked to meet any standards that the majority are not?

mp06011999

Another gun control initiative to limit magazine capacity.

This:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/dec/11/high-capacity-magazine-ban-a-must-for-nevadans-saf/

Little by little, inch by inch...

From the article, which is merely an editorial: "...it’s difficult to imagine a scenario in which someone would need a 100-round magazine to protect their home from intruders."

and

"...states that have imposed restrictions still allow for 10- or 15-round versions, which would be an acceptable model for Nevada."

Now, I have to ask, why 10-15 when it appears the scare tactic likes the 100 number? I mean, so why not 99 round mags? If they are saying there is no reason to have 100 round mags then 99 must be okay? Otherwise, they need to say the 16-21 round mags are too much. But of course we all know that too is BS.

And as far as hard to imagine, really? I was in a bar the other day where 15 bikers decked out in colors and long knives on their belts walked in and I thought to myself I sure hope that if something does go down that I don't miss because I only have 18 rounds in the gun and another 17 on my belt and I know for a fact that one shot from a 9mm seldom takes down a bad guy with just one shot. Ah, but silly me. There I go trying to explain logic to the illogical. "Illogical" being those that make laws and claims about topics they know nothing about. It's like me making rules about women's cycles. Apparently knowledge of the subject is not needed. That is the anti-2a way. :banghead:

Oh and the article talks about tanks and planes as if though those don't require human controllers who, in an all crap hits the fan scenario, can use their firearms to take control of those. Gee whiz :banghead:

It's enough to give you the impression that anti-2a folks skipped right over 2A when recognizing the PEOPLE's rights....because they have.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidmcbeth

Banned
A link description is always helpful.

Here's the headline at the link:

Nevada's voter-OK'ed gun background checks blocked

Yeah, NV BR chks on private sales Ka-poot I would think.

In any event what self respecting person would convict a person of any gun crime?

NAVYBLUE

I find it amusing to note that most of the people who voted for the background check scheme also voted to legalize marijuana.

Anyone who voted for both and uses marijuana has voted to NEVER be permitted to buy a gun.

NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the "average" mouth breathing American voter AKA Obama voter/Liberal.

NAVYBLUE

DVC,

What prevents me as NV resident absent any Arizona law from driving to Mesquite, crossing into Arizona, pull off road, give "Bill" my rifle, Bill gives me $329, we drive to Mesquite, have lunch and then go back home to Vegas.

IF, the law does "actually" go into effect, I wonder if my scenario is "legal". IANAL.

And NSA, kiss my ASS.

NAVYBLUE

davidmcbeth

Banned
DVC,

What prevents me as NV resident absent any Arizona law from driving to Mesquite, crossing into Arizona, pull off road, give "Bill" my rifle, Bill gives me $329, we drive to Mesquite, have lunch and then go back home to Vegas.

IF, the law does "actually" go into effect, I wonder if my scenario is "legal". IANAL.

And NSA, kiss my ASS.

NAVYBLUE

I think that this would be OK .. I think that the courts have ruled that selling your rifle to another in a different state is OK.

my state has the same thing ... they think that they can regulate how I sell my property. What do I think?

https://youtu.be/biXnwOMznkg?t=61