• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just got my CC renewal ltr

solus

my CC permit expires the 25th of Feb, got my renewal ltr from the sheriff, determined i could renew 90 days out, so i sat down at the computer and completed the online renewal application (even accepting the 6 dollar credit card + 4 dollar convenience fee), hit return...

there are no appointments available before your permit expires.

pops up in the middle of my screen ~ hummm

well off to the sheriff's office to have a minor conversation...

ipse

added: online application instructions states it will take >45 days to receive renewed CC documentation.

solus

Called, 'let me check if there are any problems!' 'NOPE everything looks good!' 'Why don't you try again, in a few minutes?'

Lo and behold, a wondrous holiday miracle occurred...appointments galore appeared...like the three magis...

ipse

Brian D.

We in Wisconsin discovered that the expiration date advances with the renewed date and not with the original issue date. Folks that renewed on receipt of their renewal notice letter ninety days before expiration lost the dollar cost of those days.

Some or maybe most, but not all, counties in Ohio do that too. You pay for five years, then renew a bit early and end up with four years and ten months or whatever.

solus

We in Wisconsin discovered that the expiration date advances with the renewed date and not with the original issue date. Folks that renewed on receipt of their renewal notice letter ninety days before expiration lost the dollar cost of those days.

fortunately, all I did was put my intent in to renew and arrange for an appointment with the sheriff's office, and there is a stated sixty day window from what I presume is the appointment to receive my permit from the state. therefore I appears I got a month extension on my last permit?

ipse

after thought...actually saves me gaggle of time by doing it on line as previously you had to go to the office fill out the application in their presence, then wait for their week' initial review, then their telcon to schedule an appointment, then the appointment in their office, then the state's review and generation of the permit.

Last edited:

REDFIVE48

Only took about 7 or 8 months to get my renewal from the Mecklenburg Co Sheriff after I submitted my renewal application and payment :(

Hiding behind the 45 day clock starts after we get the info from all the local medical facilities is pretty much crap, but who says government monopolies are bad?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Only took about 7 or 8 months to get my renewal from the Mecklenburg Co Sheriff after I submitted my renewal application and payment :(

Hiding behind the 45 day clock starts after we get the info from all the local medical facilities is pretty much crap, but who says government monopolies are bad?

The 45 day clock starts when the application is received by the clerk.

solus

The 45 day clock starts when the application is received by the clerk.

uh, they count from the moment they want...sigh...
well you know the mental health through district court...they have been backed up
well you know the background checks...backlog somewhere
well you know the fingerprint checks by the state...they've been really busy

you know the new requirements...

btw is your training cert up to date...didn't see it in the paperwork...

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
uh, they count from the moment they want...sigh...
well you know the mental health through district court...they have been backed up
well you know the background checks...backlog somewhere
well you know the fingerprint checks by the state...they've been really busy

you know the new requirements...

btw is your training cert up to date...didn't see it in the paperwork...

ipse

You passed the MH hurdle ? Impressive. You have to go through a test like in Men in Black too?

Wstar425

Wow!!!!

Wisconsin might have been almost the last to the party, but at least they got it almost, sorta, kinda, nearly, just about, for the most part, right.

I might have missed a few. They could have done worse anyway......

countryclubjoe

Jumping thru Government hurdles to obtain a permission slip to exercise a Natural God given right so as to protect oneself and family..

The founders are rolling over in their graves...

My .02

solus

i apologize, i thought i said i went to my appointment on the 10th at the sheriff's office where my paperwk was printed out and i was requested to physically sign the releases for mental health and court checks...then told...your permit will be in the mail in about 4-6 weeks!

took all of 15 minutes...

ipse